Mr. Werewolf's Class

(Even though I love Snape, this has to be one                                                                                                      of the funniest thing from the entire series)

Professor Lupin wasn't there when they arrived at his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson. They all sat down, took out their books, quills, and parchment, and were talking when he finally entered the room. Lupin smiled vaguely and placed his tatty old briefcase on the teacher's desk. He was as shabby as ever but looked healthier than he had on the train, as though he had had a few square meals. 

 "Good afternoon," he said. "Would you please put all your books back in your bags. Today's will be a practical lesson. You will need only your wands."

 A few curious looks were exchanged as the class put away their books. They had never had a practical Defense Against the Dark Arts class before, unless you counted the memorable class last year when their old teacher had brought a cageful of pixies to class and set them loose. "Right then," said Professor Lupin, when everyone was ready. 

"If you'd follow me." Puzzled but interested, the class got to its feet and followed Professor Lupin out of the class room .He led them along the deserted corridor and around a corner, where the first thing they saw was Peeves the Poltergeist, who was floating upside down in midair and stuffing the nearest key hole with chewing gum. Peeves didn't look up until Professor Lupin was two feet away; then he wiggled his curly-toed feet and broke into song. "Loony, loopy Lupin," Peeves sang. "Loony, loopy Lupin, loony, loopy Lupin —

Rude and unmanageable as he almost always was, Peeves usually showed some respect toward the teachers. Everyone looked quickly at Professor Lupin to see how he would take this; to their surprise, he was still smiling.

 "I'd take that gum out of the keyhole if I were you, Peeves," he said pleasantly. "Mr. Filch won't be able to get in to his brooms." 

 However, Peeves paid no attention to Professor Lupin's words, except to blow a loud wet raspberry. Professor Lupin gave a small sigh and took out his wand.

 "This is a useful little spell," he told the class over his shoulder. "Please watch closely." He raised the wand to shoulder height, said, "Waddiwasi!"

 and pointed it at Peeves. With the force of a bullet, the wad of chewing gum shot out of the keyhole and straight down Peeves's left nostril; he whirled upright and zoomed away, cursing. 

 "Cool, sir!" said Dean Thomas in amazement.

 "Thank you, Dean," said Professor Lupin, putting his wand away again.

 "Shall we proceed?" They set off again, the class looking at shabby Professor Lupin with increased respect. He led them down a second corridor and stopped, right outside the staffroom door.  

"Inside, please," said Professor Lupin, opening it and standing back. The staffroom, a long, paneled room full of old, mismatched chairs, was empty except for one teacher. Professor Snape was sitting in a low armchair, and he looked around as the class filed in. His eyes were glittering and there was a nasty sneer playing around his mouth.

 As Professor Lupin came in and made to close the door behind him, Snape said, "Leave it open, Lupin. I'd rather not witness this." He got to his feet and strode past the class, his black robes billowing behind him. At the doorway he turned on his heel and said, "Possibly no one's warned you, Lupin, but this class contains Neville Longbottom. I would advise you not to entrust him with anything difficult. Not unless Miss Granger is hissing instructions in his ear." Neville went scarlet. Lyra frowned at that, this is what she meant by not approving of his teaching, rather bullying methods.

"I was hoping that Neville would assist me with the first stage of the operation," he said, "and I am sure he will perform it admirably." 

Then Lupin began to explain the class about today's subject, a Boggart, asking a few questions to the students in between.

The wardrobe shook again, though not as much as Neville, who walked forward as though he were heading for the gallows.

  "Right, Neville," said Professor Lupin. "First things first: what would you say is the thing that frightens you most in the world?"

 Neville's lips moved, but no noise came out. "I didn't catch that, Neville, sorry," said Professor Lupin cheerfully. 

 Neville looked around rather wildly, as though begging someone to help him, then said, in barely more than a whisper, "Professor Snape."

 Nearly everyone laughed. Even Neville grinned apologetically. Professor Lupin, however,looked thoughtful. "Professor Snape... hmmm... Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?" "Er — yes," said Neville nervously. "But — I don't want the Boggart to turn into her either." "No, no, you misunderstand me," said Professor Lupin, now smiling. "I wonder, could you tellus what sort of clothes your grandmother usually wears?" Neville looked startled, but said, "Well... always the same hat. A tall one with a stuffed vulture on top. And a long dress... green, normally... and sometimes a fox-fur scarf."

And just like that, out came the boggart, and Neville performed the spell admirably and Professor Snape's usual black robes were replaced by the clothes is grandmother wore; and the class burst out laughing.

This led to Lyra thinking about her own fear. What was she afraid of the most? Thinking back to her early days at the orphanage, she was always alone. She never thought of it as a bad thing then, but after she met Harry, she understood that everything was better when you have a friend by your side. So loosing everyone she had, that was what she feared the most. Being alone was her greatest fear.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't even notice what was happening until it was Harry's turn, behind whom she was standing.

She saw as Harry raised his wand to perform the spell, before Professor Lupin replaced him and soon ended the class, after Neville finished the boggart.

As the students began to filter out of the class, Lyra stayed behind.

"That was a fascinating first class Professor." She said to Lupin who jumped a bit at the unexpected voice.

Looking up from a book, Lupin saw the girl who he had seen on the train. Lyra. Sirius' daughter.  "That is very kind of you Miss Black. Thank you"

" It's not a problem Professor. I hope all your lessons are as interesting as your first one " The black-haired girl said with a small smile before exiting the class.

" Awww, I so love them. Poor Remus needs a little sunshine in his life now and then." Said Marlene

Hey Guys! I am sorry for the late update. I've just been very busy as my exams are coming  up. So I probably will not update until they get over, which is on 13th of October. Anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter. It's a little boring but the next chapter is going to be a bit more interesting.

Qotd: Favorite season?                                                                                                                                                    (mine's monsoon)