Halloween

As Halloween made came near Harry made several tries to get into Hogsmeade, but none too successful

As Halloween made came near Harry made several tries to get into Hogsmeade, but none too successful.  At the end Harry was a little disheartened but not entirely upset. He still had his best friend with him, didn't he.

The morning of Halloween, Harry and Lyra bid Ron and Hermione goodbye and made their way back to the common-room where they were greeted by Colin Creevey. Deciding that they didn't want to spend time with a bunch of second years, the two of them made their way to near the lake, but they were interrupted.

"Harry? Lyra?" a soft voice spoke and the two doubled back to see Professor Lupin. he had a kind smile on his face. " What are the two of you doing here?" He asked in a voice that was nowhere as accusing as Filch's whom they had met a short while ago.   

"Way to be a cockblocker Moony."  James groaned. 

"They weren't going to sleep together , Potter." Regulus said in an irritated tone.

"Our permission slips were not signed, we couldn't go." Harry said.

"First Hogsmeade Trips?" The caramel eyed wizard said sympathetically. He then invited them to his office for tea. 

"You know Moony, for someone  who is considered the smart one of us, you sure are behaving pretty stupidly right now." James whined.

They chatted about random things for a while before Harry asked why the professor had forbidden him from facing the boggart. It was pretty obvious to Lupin and apparently Lyra too, that it was because he thought that his greatest fear would be Lord Voldemort, and having even an image of the villain was hazardous.

Their talk was interrupted by a knock on his door. It was Professor Snape carrying a goblet that appeared to be smoking slightly. his eyes roamed the office, narrowing when the fell on Harry and Lyra. Harry stared at him with a defiance of sorts while Lyra offered him a soft smile, one that   

" I was showing Harry and Lyra my Grindylow." Said Lupin pointing at the tank.

"Fascinating," Professor Snape said without even looking at it ,and told him to drink the contents of the goblet.

Lupin obliged, which resulted in him grimacing and Harry's eyes widening. " Pity sugar makes it useless." His statement was met with a sympathetic and a questioning look.

Then the latter part of their visit consisted of Professor Lupin explaining Harry and him spewing out a few albeit stupid statements. Approximately half an hour later, the two of them took their leave and continued their journey to the lake. Once they reached the lake they sat under a tree, Lyra had her back propped against the tree trunk and Harry's head in her lap. 

" Don't you ever miss them? Your parents, I mean." Said Harry after a while of silence, playing with Lyra's long hair.

" I did, still do sometimes. But then it's of no use, I think. Me missing them won't bring them to me. Besides I didn't even know about them until this year. " She replied in a mournful tone.

It was true. All her life she didn't know about her parents. Not a single thing, except her surname, Black. It could be her father's, her mother's or even of the two of them, if they were married. She didn't even know. At times she doubted that Black was even her real surname. But all her doubts were cleared that summer, when she found a letter from her mother. It said that her name was Lyra Juliet Black (something she already knew) and her mother was Elizabeth Isabella Lapin, a half French-half British woman of 19 years, a year younger than her father who had a one night stand with her father, Sirius Orion Black which resulted in her being pregnant. She never saw nor sought her father after that and gave birth to her on 12:08 am on 24th of August 1980 and left her on the door step of an orphanage, three hours after her birth, far away from the wizarding world  due to the ongoing war. Overall the letter was cold and not something you say to your daughter whom you are probably going to meet only once in your life. 

"Anyways what about you? I know today is always hard for you." Lyra said diverting the subject. She wasn't overly comfortable with discussing about her parents, especially when one of them was a mass murderer on a run.

" I miss them, but it gets easier with time, I guess ." he said in a dejected tone

"We miss you too baby" Lily Potter said, her tone same as her son.

"Well on happier subjects, how do you think Charlie, Charlotte and Mila doing?" Lyra asked changing the subject yet again. 

Charlie and Charlotte were five year old twins that had arrived to the orphanage after the death of their parents in a car crash. That was two years ago, when they were four. Lyra had taken them under her wing, protecting them from Kara (the orphanage's owner) feeding them, reading them bedtime stories and tucking them in to sleep. Basically everything a parent does, everything she couldn't have. Mila was a year younger than them who arrived at the orphanage a year ago. She said that her mum had dropped her off here saying that she would come and get her later. Lyra suspected it was because of poverty. She then became a older sister/mother figure for her too. The three kids had bonded quickly, among themselves as well as with Harry who often visited her.  

" I don't know. Well, hopefully," the black haired boy replied. " By the way, I've seen Thomas Shafiq looking at you." he said teasingly but his deceased father could detect a hint of jealousy in his son's tone.

" Why ? You jealous, son?" The hazel eyed man said

" I don't know about anyone else but I do t like that creep." Said Marlane

"Yeah, he'd asked me on a date, but I refused. No offence to him but I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now." The grey eyed girl said.

"He's too old for you anyways." he muttered inaudibly. 

Then the duo sat in peaceful silence, Lyra running a hand through his raven hair, a book in in her other hand, as harry slowly lulled to sleep, his last thoughts focusing on Lyra's soft hands.

Hope you like it. While I was writing I realized that Lyra's character is too goody two shoes. But there will be a major character development in 'The Goblet of Fire' So stay tuned.

Qotd: Favorite takeout??