Hogsmeade Weekends and First Dates

Weeks passed and in no time Professor Lupin's class was everyone's favorite

Weeks passed and in no time Professor Lupin's class was everyone's favorite. Well, except of Malfoy and his gang. The news about Neville's boggart spread like wildfire and soon, Professor Snape had him bullied twice as much, which had Lyra disliking him just as much. It wasn't the poor boy's fault that he was terrified by his professor. 

Divination was exhausting. Lyra didn't fancy having her best friend's death every class, but she had no choice but no choice but to sit through the lesson. 

One evening Harry returned from Quidditch practice, cold, stiff but happy. The common room was buzzing with excitement. He spotted Ron and Hermione on chairs near the fire, completing a few astronomy charts, Lyra beside Hermione, curled up on a chair with a book in her hands, the fire making her dark hair appear red and her eyes golden. 

"Hey guys!," Harry exclaimed, " 'Sup?"

"First Hogsmeade weekend." Ron replied. "End of October. Halloween"

At this Harry flopped on a chair beside Ron, his high spirits fading away. Noticing Harry's mood, Hermione said, " I am sure you can go next time. They're bound to catch Black soon. He's already been spotted once." Everyone missed how Lyra flinched. Nearly everyone. Harry noticed.

"Black's not fool enough to try anything in Hogsmeade," said Ron. "Ask McGonagall if you cango this time, Harry. The next one might not be for ages —"

 "Ron!" said Hermione. "Harry's supposed to stay in school —"

 "He can't be the only third year left behind-" Ron said before Lyra's soft voice interrupted him.

" He won't be the only one. Even I can't go. Maybe the two of us can hang out. " She said. 

An instant smile appeared on Harry's face at the thought of the idea. He liked that, just the two of them. In his thoughts, he missed Ron's scowl. But before Ron could open his mouth to argue Crookshanks, Hermione's cat jumped upon his owner, a large spider in his mouth.

                                                              * ~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

"Hello beautiful."

 Lyra heard right in her ear. Ron and Hermione had had a fight and him and Harry had stayed behind in Transfigurations to ask something to McGonagall and Hermione was, well god knows where, so Lyra was left to get to the next class on her own. 

Her head snapped in the direction of voice as she come face-to-face with Thomas Shafiq, a seventh year Slytherin. She quickly adverted her gaze to her books which were clutched to her chest. She found herself blushing, not used to complements of people other than her friends. 

" You, me, Hogsmeade. This weekend. It's a date." The boy said. Shock etched on her face as she stared at him. His blond hair in effortless waves and his blue eyes shining, he had a cheeky grin on his face. 

A moment later, Lyra realized that he was talking to her and remembered to speak. " I am sorry but I can't. I don't have my permission slip signed. " 

" Don't worry love, I can sneak you out." He spoke, putting an arm around her, an action that made her a little uncomfortable. 

" I'm sorry but I already have plans with my friend." She said in a soft voice.

" Potter boy? Come on we can have way more fun than that." Now feeling more than a little uncomfortable, Lyra said, " I am sorry, but I am afraid I cannot cancel. I already committed. I need to get to my class. Excuse me " 

Sorry for the late and short update but as I mentioned in the last update, my exams are going on so I hope that is fine. Once my exams finish I will update a longer chapter. Also please comment and tell how ya'll like the story or not. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

 What do you think about the new character, Thomas Shafiq? Shafiq is a pureblood surname, one of the Sacred 28. He has a major roll in the story so...

Qotd: Favorite and least favorite food and why?