From One Hell to Another

TW : Drugs, Alcohol, Suicide attempt

Almost three meals of the day had passed and yet, Lyra was nowhere to be seen

Almost three meals of the day had passed and yet, Lyra was nowhere to be seen. Since most of the students were at home for the holidays, the house tables had been switched for a single table for all, so there was no way he had missed her, Severus thought. 

His first thought would have been that she was up to something with Potter and the gang as usual, but that didn't seem to be the case, for the other three were here at all of the three mealtimes, seemingly least bothered with their friend's disappearance. From this he could only draw two conclusions; either they knew where she was or they could care less.

But something had happened, that much was clear. In the three years and countless meals the quadrat had shared in the great hall, Black had always been there , quiet at most most times, but there nonetheless. Maybe they had a fallout? No, Severus quickly dismissed the thought, the children were as inseparable as their fathers, if not more. But the thought did it for him. Even the notion of Potter and Black Sr. left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Suddenly his pudding didn't taste as sweet. Why did he even care about the Black girl? She could do as she wanted, he could care less. She might even be up to some mischief like her father, he thought to himself, trying to convince no one but himself. But deep down he knew, that wasn't true. It was unlike her. She had even missed their class, that was even more unlike her. 

He'll keep an eye out for her, he thought as he continued with his meal.

                                   ___________________.........____________________

Lyra jerked awake in her bed with no recollection of how she reached there. Her stomach twisted uncomfortably with hunger, but even the thought of food made her want to hurl. Literally. She wobbled as fast as she could to the bathroom and dry heaved over the toilet. The cool tile floor provided little relief against her burning forehead. She felt sweat run down her back, even in the cold December afternoon. As she went to her bed, Lyra noticed, much to her relief, the lack of her dorm mates. With most of the girls home for the break and Hermione god knows where, Lyra was thankful that no one was there to witness her pitiful condition. 

With shaking limbs, Lyra climbed up the bed and shut the curtains and cast a quick unnoticeable charm around herself. She pulled the duet covers to her chin and hugged Mr Snuffy, her little black dog plushie. She hugged the little dog tight to her chest and inhaled in its scent. It smelled of childhood, innocence and Harry. Everything that she had lost. The thought sprang tears in her eyes. 

"Oh my baby..." Marlane said in a small whisper.

The always sotic younger black brother had tears in his red eyes, hating his helplessness.

The aftermath Lyra's rape was chaotic for the in heaven crew. James had comforted his wife while trying to comfort his wife. Dorcas and Marlane were pretty shaken up.