Trips and Teas

"Hey Ly

"Hey Ly." Harry said as he neared his friend.

"Oh, Hey." Lyra said in a small voice. She had calmed down a bit and was now sitting with a book in her hand in the courtyard.

" I talked to Ron. He's just upset and stressed about the whole situation. You know him. He's just...being Ron." Harry lied. In reality Ron was just as rigid about his ridiculous belief that lyra would betray him. Lyra would never. He knew that.

"It's fine. I'll talk to him once he cools down. Apologize even if it was something I did that give him the impression." The grey eyed girl said in a small voice.

" No Girlie, You gotta learn to stand up for yourself." The McKinnon said.

The Potter boy sighed. "No Lyra. He needs to apologize, not you. He was the one who started it."

"Yeah, But there's no harm in apologizing." Lyra said. The dark haired boy sighed but didn't say anything.

The pair bid goodbye to their friends in the courtyard and then headed back to the Gryffindor Tower when they heard their names being called.

"Psst - Harry! Lyra!" They turned, halfway along the third-floor corridor, to see Fred and George peering out at him from behind a statue of a humpbacked, one-eyed witch.

"What are you doing?" said Harry curiously. "How come you're not going to Hogsmeade?"

"We've come to give you a bit of festive cheer before we go," said Fred, with a mysterious wink.

"Come in here..." He nodded toward an empty classroom to the left of the one-eyed statue. the pair followed Fred and George inside. George closed the door quietly and then turned, beaming, to look at Harry.

"Early Christmas present for you," he said.

Fred pulled something from inside his cloak with a flourish and laid it on one of the desks. It was a large, square, very worn piece of parchment with nothing written on it. Harry, suspecting one of Fred and George's jokes, stared at it.

"Ohhhhh myyyyy Godddd." James Potter squealed. " i-i-is th---at what i-i-i think it is???"

"What?" his wife asks showing the least bit of concern about her squealing  husband.

"Th-h-he Mar-r-r-aud-d-d-ers Ma-a-a-p". the man stuttered

After Fred and George showed Harry and Lyra the workings of the map, Harry decided that he wanted to go to Hogsmeade. He knew Uncle Vernon was never going to sign his form and he really wanted to go, so 'did it really matter if he broke a rule now or in the future?'

"Let's go, Lyra!" the boy exclaimed.

"...I don't know, Ree" she replied, voice full of doubt," What if we get caught?"

"C'mon Ly, live a little"

"I don't know, Harry. Is it safe for you to even go there?"

"Don't be such a buzzkill, Lyra." Harry said with an edge in his tone,  " I'm going . You're welcome to join if  you want." he added.