Dark Chocolates and Lavender

Harry Potter was falling and fast

Harry Potter was falling and fast. All students panicked and shouted, pointing at the falling boy, except one; Lyra Black. The grey eyed girl sat still not moving, not blinking, not even breathing; petrified by fear. 

She only snapped out of her daze when Dumbledore slowed down his fall. As he softly hit the ground she could finally feel her lungs start to function again. What would have happened if Dumbledore was not there? What if he hadn't cast the spell fast enough? What if something happened to Harry? All these questions were making her head spin. But one look at her best friend's unconscious figure she knew that it was pointless. She didn't need to overthink everything, Harry was safe and that was all that mattered right now.

The whole team had gathered around Harry's bed as he started to stir. They were all covered in mud, head to toe and the three of his friends looked soaked, as if they had just climbed out of a pool. 

"What happened?" asked the boy

"You fell off," said Fred.

 "Must've been — what — fifty feet?" "We thought you'd died," said Alicia, who was shaking.

 Hermione made a small, squeaky noise. Her eyes were extremely bloodshot. Beside her Lyra cringed. She looked worse than Harry felt, pale and shaking (Harry got a feeling it wasn't because of the cold)

"But the match," said Harry. "What happened? Are we doing a replay?" 

Lyra looked at him with an expression that clearly said 'are-you-mad'

No one said anything. The horrible truth sank into Harry like a stone.

"We didn't — lose?"

"That boy just fell fifty feet from the sky and the first thing that he asks if they lost a Quidditch match." Lily Potter said exasperatedly.

"I would blame the Potter genes." said Dorcas

" I would the stupid Gryffindor in him." Said Regulus. 

"Diggory got the Snitch," said George. "Just after you fell. He didn't realize what had happened.

When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But

they won fair and square... even Wood admits it."

"Where is Wood?" said Harry, suddenly realizing he wasn't there.

"Still in the showers," said Fred. "We think he's trying to drown himself."

Ten minutes passed as the team tried to convince that it wasn't his fault that they lost and that they could still win. Madame Pomphrey shooed out the team and only his friends were the one sitting with him. 

Ron and Hermione told him everything that had happened after he fell. Harry glanced at Lyra every once in a while who was unusually quiet.

It was when the two were finally alone that she said something. "Are you completely and utterly mad? No, don't answer that," she said when Harry opened his mouth to reply. "You free- fall from fifty feet in the sky and you wake up and ask if you won or lost a match? Do you know how worried I was? I thought I was going to loose you, and I was terrified. I can't loose you."

Lyra didn't know that silent tears were streaming down her cheeks until Harry said, "Please don't cry." She got up and sat beside him as he wiped her tears. He pulled her closer and the two of them were in a half sitting half lying position. Lyra rested her head on his chest as she repeated, "I can't loose you, you're all I have." and Harry hugged her a little tighter as the two slept, unaware of what the future held for them. 

As Monday came, Harry was excited to get back to the hustle and bustle of the main school.

"If Snape's teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts again, I'm skiving off," said Ron as they headed toward Lupin's classroom after lunch. "Check who's in there, Hermione." Hermione peered around the classroom door.   Harry's weekend passed with a great deal of company from his friends. Although he had fun with his friends, he found it great to be back with the hustle and bustle of the main school. They were currently on their way to Defense Against the Dark Arts. 

"Lupin's back." Hermione replied as Lyra's face lit up.  

"It's not fair, he was only filling in, why should he give us homework?"  The Quadrat entered the classroom to chaos. Students complaining to Lupin about how Snape had unfairly given them a 

"Oh no," said Hermione, looking very disappointed. "I've already finished it!"

They had a very enjoyable lesson. Professor Lupin had brought along a glass box containing a Hinkypunk, a little one-legged creature who looked as though he were made of wisps of smoke, rather frail and harmless looking.

The class ended on a happy note. All the students proceeded to exit the classroom, Harry among the and Lyra, surprisingly, not.

"Wait a moment," Lupin said, " I'd like a word."

Lyra stood in a corner to give a little privacy to them. She knew Lupin knew Harry. Not as the boy who lived but as just Harry. Just he knew her father. How exactly, that she hadn't figured out yet. Lyra could hear snippets of their conversation, something about anti-dementor lessons with Professor Lupin. The conversation seemed to lift Harry's spirits as he exited the classroom. Lyra took a step in the werewolf's direction. He hadn't noticed her, it seemed, as he had his back turned to her. He was shuffling papers as Lyra cleared her throat.  

The professor turned around in surprise to be met with grey eyes of his ex-friend. For a moment he thought that he was looking at Sirius, just female.

 "How are you feeling, Professor Lupin?" the girl asked in a soft voice.

 "Quiet alright, thank you." he said politely. 

" That's good, how was the moon?" she inquired again

He was taken aback for a moment before he remembered that the girl knew his biggest secret, how she had figured it in less than five minutes. She was truly smart, he had to give her that. She didn't get that from Sirius, that was for sure. 

"It was fine, well as fine as it can be." He answered truthfully. 

"I feel that dark chocolates help with pain. Lavender and ginger tea too. They are great pain killers," she said with such confidence as if she personally knew that those work. The man flattered for a moment. She seemed to catch on to Lupin's line of thought as she quickly covered up her mistake, "I read it somewhere. Anyways I think I should leave, I just wanted to see how you were doing. I am sure you are tired so...yeah. Gooday Professor."

She was almost out of the door when he spoke, "Miss Black," she turned around to face him, "Thank You." he said " For checking up on me. Nobody's done that in a while." he clarified at seeing her confused face. 

"No worries Professor. I know how that feels." Lyra said with a soft smile before leaving. 

I hope people are still reading this thing. I know I am very bad at regular updates. Ik that people don't like when the author asks for comments and votes, I do to, but I found out that comments make people happy, so please comment. 

Anyways Qotd: What is the most ideal place for vacationing? 

EDIT : I swear I published this chapter