Terrifying truths

It had been almost 30 minutes since Darling had climbed into the ceiling and Morgan hadn't heard from Reid if she was there or not.

He did not like her plan at all from the moment she said that she would be climbing through the ceiling and walls of the prison in the dark to find her way to the basement, re-wireing the circuit to release the lockdown and then getting up to Reid in time to get him out of the other exit before Charles discovered the doors were released of their locks.

Morgan didn't like the fact that the door to his room would be less secure when, and if, she could re-wire the locks for all the doors but he disliked that she would be running through a prison's walls all on her not knowing what, or who, she could run into a hell of a lot more.

"I know what I'm doing, it's all good" is all she gave him to hold onto for comfort before she left- something she quickly was realising was a lie even to herself as she crawled into the pitch black walls.

Darling didn't know where she was going, she didn't know this place, she didn't even know if she could re-wire a literal prison circuit breaker or not but she had to try- and she had finally figured out her timing which both assured and didn't assure her plan.

She knew she would be able to get Reid out in time if she could re-wire the locks, but she didn't know if she could get back to Morgan in time which was when she came up with another plan on the fly as she ran through the walls from the basement after she had surprisingly re-wired the entire prison locks to release on a timed system.

She now just had to hope her timing was right, and her persona more so.

Morgan tapped his foot impatiently as he waited almost an hour later, staring at the time on his phone since he had given Darling his watch to be able to keep an eye on the timing.

"Come on Darl, come on just let me know you're safe" he spoke into the radio to no response, the light wasn't even on but he kept trying- wishing he had paid more attention to what she was doing to re-wire it to work earlier than spending the time watching her work; how she blew her hair out of her face with adorable frustration, how held the torch in her mouth as she worked, how she looked back at him with a smile that almost knocked him off his feet whilst she asked him to get her the duct tape for the wires.

He wasn't sure why he focused on watching her all of that time, why he was breathless from her smile alone- but he didn't want to think about that now, or ever.

He just had to focus on doing what she told him to before she left.

'Stay safe for me okay sugar?'

He wished he had told her that he would, or made her promise that she would stay safe too- but all he said instead was what he always did when she said that;

"You know I hate when you call me sugar."

But at least that made her laugh, and he loved to hear her laugh.

"Reid? Darling? Anyone?" Morgan slumped down next to the radio, holding onto the metal pipe that Darling had given him and speaking into the mic even though he knew it was useless.

He paused when he looked down at the sharp end of the pipe and saw blood on the edge of it, tilting his head at it with confusion before the radio sparked to life and jumped him.

"D...Der...erk" Hotch's voice was barely audible over the static taking over the room.

"M...rga...n... hear... me?"

"Hotch?! Hotch can you hear me?!" Morgan spoke down the radio as the light flickered on and off.

"Oh th...ank...god...yo...okay?"