Planning, Scheming, Deceiving (2)

"So yeah... that's my plan."

Silence swept the room as Darling 'explained' the seemingly half-baked plan she had thought of off the fly the night before sending out an emergency meeting text for the following day at 9am.

The team, sans Garcia for an unexplained reason, sat in a collective daze as the confusingly put together powerpoint was projected onto Rossi's Italian portrait gallery wall.

 "Feel free to jump in whenever guys" Darling awkwardly wiggled, "or just stare at me like I'm insane like you're doing now, both are fine-"

"I think it could work" Hotch's voice surprisingly interrupted from the head of the table, all eyes turning to him.

"You're kidding, right?" Emily almost snorted before giving an apologetic glance to Darling, "I mean no offence, it's just- I mean it's objectively a bad plan."

"Oh I know" Darling nodded, "that's why it's gonna work."

"False interrogations don't tend to work, we know this Hotch, presenting Luke false information in a fake interrogation could have his improbable confession voided" Reid avoided Darling's frown, "not to mention he could sue."

"Did you not read the pink power point slide?" Darling's hands fell to her hips in a sassy fashion Morgan couldn't help smiling at until her next sentence cleared that smile with concern, "it won't be an interrogation, it'll just be me in his apartment."

"Woah, woah, woah- I didn't know about that part."

"Oh shush your mush you giant jealous freak-"

"I'm not meaning it like that" he shook his head, "you shouldn't be in there alone with him, he could kill you Darl."

"Come on guys, this is Luke we're talking about, he's not going to hurt-" Reid oddly went to defend before swallowing his words at the collective glares, "-okay, I take it back."

"Smart move, the last guy who doubted Darling's side of the story got ghosted for four months" Ashley teased at Morgan.

"And the guy after that got divorced" Morgan shook his head, Darling rolling her eyes with a hidden smile.

"Okay can we get back to your doubts of my last ditch effort plan that we all know I'm going to do anyway and you're all going to reluctantly get on board with?"

"Have we always been so predictable?" Rossi chuckled, standing up with a nod, "I'm in kid."

"Me too, what do we have to lose?" Emily shrugged, "wait don't answer that, I don't wanna know."

"I've seen you do more with less of a plan before" Ashely nodded at Darling, "plus I wanna see if anything can stop your stubborn ass."

"I think that's scientifically impossible" Morgan winked at Darling who stared in uncharacteristic confusion at the group, "what's wrong Darl?"

"It's just... this isn't how I thought you'd all react, I had a second powerpoint just to convince Hotch alone- wait why aren't you questioning me Hotch? You always question me?"

"Maybe I've finally learnt my lesson" Hotch couldn't help chuckling before standing up, "I've doubted you before Darling, all they have done is slow you down and get you hurt- and we both know that my questioning of your plan would not stop it going ahead."

"I feel like there's a 'but' coming..."

"No 'Buts'" Hotch smiled before pausing, "there is a however..."

"I knew it!"

"However you need to promise if this plan doesn't work, you will stop."

"Stop what?"