An almost perfect morning

"Sugar" Darling's whispers danced through Morgan's dreams, coating him like the warm duvet hanging half off his bare shoulder where a soft kiss was planted seconds after the whisper "come on sweet pea, it's time to wake up."

Morgan hid his smile in the pillow and pretended to sleep as she gently shook his arm, her long burnt orange and forest green painted finger nails tapping a pattern onto his skin as she spoke.

"My love? Sugar angel? Pumpkin pie?"

Morgan struggled to contain his laughter as she leaned close to his ear with a small chuckle of her own that turned into a teasing whisper.

"I know you're awake- I can tell by your breathing you faker."

"I know you can, I was just seeing how ridiculous your pet names could get" Morgan let himself laugh fully as he turned to her, pausing and studying her for a moment which made her sit back slightly with confusion.

"What are you looking at? Have I got something on my face?"

"No, I just always am amazed when I wake up next to you, I like to have a moment to take it in and enjoy it" he smiled more at the blush that appeared on her cheeks from his words, Darling chuckling in response and pushing his arm to brush past it.

"You're too much of a smooth talker in the mornings."

"I'll take that as a compliment" he laughed, sitting up and placing a gentle kiss on her cheek before yawning to wake himself up fully as she snuggled back under the duvet, "so what's on the agenda for us today then?"

"Well you have work in like 20 minutes so-"

"Wait what?" Morgan looked over at the alarm clock by her bed that he had forgot to set the night before, finding himself too distracted with Darling, "shit, why didn't you wake me earlier?"

"I was trying, you're a really heavy sleeper- remember when you slept through me literally getting kidnapped by Canadians?" Darling chuckled, watching him jump out of bed and race around her room, searching for his clothes and trying to brush his teeth at the same time.

"I'm going to be so late-" He ran into and out of the bathroom with his shirt half on, trousers unzipped and belt hanging onto a singular hoop for dear life, pausing when he saw Darling laughing at him as she held up her phone that she quickly hid behind her back with a cheeky smile as he tilted his head at her.

"Were you filming me?"

"Whhhhat? Of course not" her voice rose to an hilariously dramatic pitch as she tried to defend in-between laughter.

"Do you find my morning disaster amusing?" He walked over with a raised eyebrow, completely ignoring the fact he was going to be late for work and being taken over by her playful energy.

"Why I would never" she teased in an extra southern tone that she knew would make him have to bite the inside of his lip slightly to hide his smirk, "although you do look like you got dressed in the dark by a clown."

"Oh yeah?" He knelt back onto the bed as she shrugged with a shared smile of amusement.

"Yeah, very unprofessional uniform Mr Morgan."

"Really?"

"Mhm" she continued, finding her eyes were too busy flicking down to his lips to notice the look of anticipation in his.

"How's this for unprofessional?"

"What-" Darling's question was interrupted by his arms scooping around her, both of them falling onto their side on the bed in fits of laughter as he began the worst punishment known to man; tickling.