Troubled friends

//Similar dress to Darling's above in this first flashback tee hee//

"I told you Darl, I don't think this is a good idea-"

"And I told you Derek-" Darling rolled her eyes over the room divider, bored of the conversation they had repeated twice now as they got ready for the last New Year's eve party before Morgan was meant to permanently move to Virginia after being based both in Chicago and Washington for the past year of his FBI training.

"-I won't let you abandon me without watching you make a fool of yourself on the dance floor first" she turned to him with a smile, popping on her glistening earrings in her bedroom where Morgan slouched on her vanity stool, "now stop being a big cry baby and come zip a gal up."

"Why do I have to dance?" He rolled his eyes, standing up and walking over to zip up back of Darling's dress- pausing when he saw her as he came around the dressing divider.

The velvet green material on the low neckline complimented the sheer embezzled swirls of the rest of the fabric of the long 1920's inspired gown that stopped at Darling's ankles to show off her gold heels that sparkled just like her thin gold wire crown headband that showed as she tucked her straightened but still voluminous hair behind her ears mindlessly.

"Are you gonna just stand there or zip me up? My back is getting cold" Darling chuckled, turning over her shoulder to look at Morgan who cleared his throat and nodded, walking over and quickly zipping up the back of her dress, patting her shoulder before stepping back, unsure of the fluttering in his stomach from simply looking at his friend in a dress, albeit a beautiful dress he couldn't help notice fitted her figure perfectly.

Darling turned with a smile before frowning, "and why aren't you dressed?"

"Because I don't want to go" Morgan chuckled, gesturing at his jeans and white t-shirt, "plus, all my suits are packed so I guess that means I am forced not to go- what a shame."

"Oh no Mr, you're not getting out of this that quickly" Darling shook her head, walking over to her wardrobe stubbornly and shifting through the boxes at the top, struggling on her tip toes.

"I'm not sure your little dresses and flare trousers are quite going to fit me Darl" Morgan teased.

"You're not the only reluctant man I've had to dress for a party before" she winked, grabbing the large box she was looking for and chucking it at him, "now strip for me."

"What?" He laughed, "what the hell is all this stuff?"

"Things I've grabbed from the thrift store- the men's section has great stuff I can throw into outfits. Now go get dressed into something semi-1902's-esc before our 'fashionably late' turns into just plain disrespectfully late."

"You seriously have a hoarding problem" he couldn't help his laughter as she ushered him to the bathroom, sticking out her tongue at him before shutting the door for him to change.

"I don't know what to pick out" Morgan shook his head, really just wanting to spend his last day with Darling in their pyjamas eating Ice-cream and pretending that he wasn't going to be moving thousands of miles from her the next day permanently this time, nor the fact they hadn't really talked about how that would affect their friendship yet.

"God, you're so useless" Darling laughed, opening the bathroom door before he could tell her not to and not seeming to bat an eye at the fact Morgan was now shirtless and taking off his belt- although the sudden red on her cheeks begged to differ as she cleared her throat and looked through the box in attempt to hide it.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" Morgan couldn't help his amusement of her- usure if he should be flattered or insulted that she didn't seem to care that he was half naked.