Just good friends

//Darling's outfit Inspo above for the latter part of this chapter//

"-Get off me you freak" Morgan burst out laughing, pushing Darling off him as she launched onto his bed.

"I have school tomorrow, let me sleep" she playfully fell limp onto him.

"We both have school tomorrow, idiot" he laughed, sitting up and pushing her up too, "and we have important school projects due- hence the reason you're here to help, instead of me being a personal bean bag for you."

"But you're such a good bean bag" she joked, brushing her hair out of her face and wiggling her legs to sit criss cross on the bed, "fiiiine then, what do you need help with?"

"The project" Morgan said as if it was an obvious statement, making Darling roll her eyes as she folded her arms.

"I know that, what part of the project do you need help with? How far have you gotten?" She shuffled over and opened his laptop, pausing at the empty word document and raising an eyebrow at him as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

"So when I said I was struggling with a part of it, I really kinda meant..."

"You haven't done any of it?"

"I've been busy!" He defended.

"Doing what? You've hung out with me almost every day the last two weeks of spring break" Darling laughed in shock.

"Yeah! Exactly, I've been busy being a good friend- if anything it's your fault that I forgot about this project that's literally due tomorrow" Morgan joked, sitting down with a sigh next to her, "seriously though... I could kinda use your help Darl."

Darling looked at him for a moment before hiding her own sigh from the fact she almost knew what he was going to ask given it was the thing that all of her classmates asked when they invited her over seemingly to 'hang out' before a big project was due after finding out about her advanced intelligence that she tried hard to hide, "you want me to do your project for you then I suppose?"

"What?" Morgan tilted his head with genuine confusion "that's so much work- I wouldn't ask you to do that."

"You... you wouldn't?"

"Of course not Darl" he chuckled at her shock, nudging her arm, "I'm your friend for more than your secret giant brain."

"My brain's not giant" she laughed, trying to brush past the flutter in her stomach of not just relief from him being almost outraged that she thought he would be using her just for her to do his work.

"Mhm, and I'm not the greatest friend in the world" Morgan said sarcastically, passing her a tub of ice-cream and a spoon he had brought as a 'thank you' for turning up on a Sunday when he knew she always usually had plans, although he wouldn't know until years later what they were.

"Cookie dough ice-cream? You sure know how to spoil a gal" she chuckled, opening the tub and taking a scoop before nudging his arm, "so what do you need me to do if not your work?"

"Okay don't laugh" he sighed, "but I need you to... uh, watch me."

Darling paused mid bite of her ice-cream and raised and eyebrow at him, "watch you?"

"Yeah, watch me work- just sort of, I don't know, stop me from not doing the whole writing thing" he said with a hint of awkwardness to his voice that Darling didn't quite understand until she realised that she hadn't known him to do school work alone before- it had always been with her or a study group he was apart of, confusing her as to why he would pull out his laptop when they would hang out at his in the evenings watching movies, now realising that it was because he couldn't concentrate when he was on his own, needing someone there to explain his thought process before he would write it down, a part of his brain that needed to be shared to be trusted.