Picking up the pieces

God I missed you sugar.

Darling's words danced off her tongue as Morgan's worked its magic.

He stopped momentarily and looked up at her sprawled out under him on his bed.

"Say it again" he commanded breathlessly.

"What?"

"My name; say my name Darling" his hands digging into the side of her thighs as he pulled her fully under him and replaced where his tongue had just been with something that made Darling gasp more with pleasure.

"D-Derek-"

"No, not that name- the name only you call me" he moved again, brushing the hair out of her face so he could watch the pleasure he was giving her, "call me by the name you've always called me, the only name I wouldn't let you call me for years, the name you wouldn't call Graham because you've always said it to me; say it."

"Sugar-" she whimpered, nails digging into his bare back, eyes fluttering as his speed increased.

"Again" he commanded, "say it again for me sweetheart."

"Sugar-"

"Again."

"Sug-"

Darling's flustered memory of the night before was interrupted by the alarm going off as Morgan groaned awake next to her.

"Who the hell set that alarm so early?"

"You did" she chuckled, watching him like she had been for the last half an hour after waking up still in shock that she got to wake up next to him again.

It had been a month since she had decided to stay, since she came back to simply read her letter to him and close that chapter of her life.

But the problem was it wasn't a chapter, it was the whole book- and she wasn't ready to stop reading.

Darling didn't tell anyone else she was back, not for a while.

She had too much to focus on fixing with Morgan, talking to him like she promised they would do.

They sat down for days and just talked before they would let themselves give into the urges that came from being deprived of each other for so long.

But that communication, that trust and honesty had to come first like it had all those years in their friendship,

They had to go back to how they were, but better- they had to move forward to who they would become.

"No more lies" Morgan held out his hand from across his dining table where they had been sat the last hour just talking like they had been the last five days since Darling being back.

"No more lies" Darling agreed, shaking his hand- the first time they had let themselves touch since her being back in anyway and the spark that tingled between their fingers did nothing to help the burning tension and anticipation.

Darling continued the handshake long after it should have ended, gaze locking into each other's as they tried to continue the conversation despite the need to burn their clothes off.

"So, uh, what else is there to discuss?" Darling cleared her throat as Morgan nodded, not letting go of her hand and trying his best not to gawk at her in the outfit she came over to his apartment hours before in.

She was wearing wide legged high waisted green dress pants with a cropped black work styled shirt that showed off the bottom lacing of her lime green bra Morgan recalled once literally ripping off her- that memory doing nothing to help the anticipation that had been swirling below his stomach.