Good News

The 'morning' rolled around just as it always does. The sky was always a deep crimson, but when Dream woke up it always seemed just a bit more pale; but that could just be his morning fog clouding his vision.

Dream looked down enough to see George still sleeping, arms wrapped around him, bringing Dream the usual warmth he would always crave desperately.

"George, baby, time to wake up." Dream was quiet, just above a whisper so he didn't startle George so much. But just the same as every morning since they had found out about this curse, George did not wake up upon his voice. "George?" He was greeted with radio silence.

Dream hoped this wouldn't become a normal thing for them, he knew his nerves wouldn't take it. He gently shook the angel in hopes to stir him awake, and still nothing changed.

"George? George, please wake up now, it's your usual time." Nothing.

Dream decided to stand up instead of waiting in his own anxiousness; perhaps standing will be enough for George to finally wake up.

Once Dream was fully up George's eyes fluttered open, looking more dull as the days passed by, it was becoming hard for Dream to be happy in his presence, as all he ever wished was to make things better.. "Dream? Why are you getting up so early? I'm so tired." Dream sighed in utter relief.

"We slept in a little bit this morning, it's not early at all... Why are you so tired?" Dream was confused, and part of him already knew that this had to do with the wicked Lord above. It must have something to do with this terrible curse laid bold in his angels soul.

"I don't know." George stretched his arms up, yawning in the process. "We can go to the living room now if you'd like, I'll wake up if I'm up and around I think." Dream reluctantly picked George up.

"Are you sure you're okay? Is there something you're not telling me?"

"I'm okay, really. I don't know what's going on with me." Dream walked them out to the living room, but he could tell that George seemed a little off today. He seemed sadder, and less bright.

Their days grew colder, longer. Nothing seemed to bring about an end to their suffering. It had been days since they had seen Quackity, days since they had been out. Days since the last hope they shared. Days, all they ever have is time, but that doesn't make it any more bearable.

They sat down on the couch, but Dream was restless. He could tell something was wrong with George, and he clearly didn't know how to admit it.

"Angel, I know you're thinking about something. Just tell me what's going on, I want to help you."

"It's really not a big deal... I'm just so tired, and so weak. I can't move much because of my back, I'm constantly fighting the urge to go back to sleep, and I can barely think for myself when either of us falls just a little too far into the other. I mean, how could you even want to stay by my side when I'm like this?" George decided it was time to simply speak his mind. He couldn't hide his obvious pain that bothered him to no end, he couldn't just pretend he didn't care that his thoughts weren't his own because he was in love. He found it hard to do much of anything these days, and he's always so damn tired, he can't even enjoy the after-life he has because he constantly feels the need to stay in bed.

"George, you know I don't hold any of that against you, if anything, it's my fault in the first place. My thoughts make your mind slip away too, and it's my fault your back has been worse lately. And if I could find a way to make all this God nonsense go away, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. My beautiful angel, I am so sorry your soul is burdened this way, but I will find a way to make it better sooner or later." Dream sat on the couch and held George close, seeing his angel struggle to keep his eyes open even more.