Stygiophobia

Morning in hell had no sun to show, no change in the temperature, and no bloody clouds, just like every day in limbo. To welcome them into the new day, there was just the customary faint glow of death. Although the angel and the devil weren't awake yet, Lucifer alone knows that today will forever alter their eternal lives. Because when your blood has been exchanged through holy ceremonies by men who understand what it's like to be alone, a commitment made with a ring is more than just hollow words.

There were no terrified knocks at the door to wake them, no cold souls icing over the land, no missing friends, and no wayward souls ready to damn them to final death. For the first morning in a while, things were peaceful. They were to wake soon, those two men, and today will bring them happiness. True romance never dies, they know that as residents in this crowded limbo.

The devil's eyes opened first, just as he believed it always should be. He was calm, a sense of peace within his soul that he polished from dirt with help from an angel. Dream looked down to the brunet hair beneath his, knowing all too well that this was their eternity, and never a day will pass where he's not grateful for the universe's gift to him.

"My love, it's time to get up." Dream rubbed his hand against George's shoulder, gently pulling him from the sleeping world once again.

"Good morning. What are our plans for today? We pretty much slept yesterday away due to your madness the night before." George mumbled, smiling as soon as he opened his eyes.

George always seemed to wake up as soon as he opened his eyes, as if scared to waste a moment in forever. As forever meant less than eternity. Maybe one day he'll get over the fear and accept that no one is going anywhere.

"Ah, well you know, that was my fault; we had fun though." Dream scratched the back of his head before sitting up on his elbows, leaning in for a quick morning kiss. "I was thinking we could just stay at home and listen to music for the day, maybe make out promises as well." George lit up immediately.

"That's a great idea! We should listen to your favorite song again!" George sat up, expecting Dream to dress them up like he always does. At this point, George didn't even know how many different articles of clothing he owned, he only knew there must be a lot, due to the fact he rarely wore the same thing twice.

Dream snapped his fingers and there it was, a brand new white outfit he had never worn before. This one was something that looked more formal, but more comfortable than a regular suit. "This is nice, you should wear something similar if i'm going to be all dolled up."

"Of course, dear." Dream put on his favorite suit to wear, black with fancy red accents, and his cross from his lover. "We look regal."

Dream was convinced he hadn't seen George frown in weeks, there wasn't anything left to not smile about. They were saved and they were free.

"You could say that." George laughed, lifting his arms for Dream to pick him up, he never got the chance to learn how to walk anymore, Dream just picked him up to take him wherever he was going. Not that there wasn't any actual time to learn, George started assuming that Dream loved feeling needed, and he wasn't about to complain.

Dream lifted him up and off to the living room they went. For such a huge mansion, they only really ever stayed in three rooms, George was convinced he hadn't even seen half the rooms in this place. Maybe when he learned how to walk he'd explore this place more; who knows what the devil is hiding.

Dream laid George down on the couch and turned for the kitchen, where he kept two spare souls from the day before so he wouldn't have to hurry off to the pit again today. They ate breakfast on the couch before doing anything else.