Toska

Oh, how the weeks pass by so fast, time flies as though it's meaning is nothing worth anything.

Dream and George didn't care, there was no reason to dwell on the past days. Each day they spent together was a day well spent to them. It had been quiet since the Tubbo incident, nothing too crazy had happened. They had plans to attend a party today, at Quackity's mansion. There was more space there, and enough people to fill the main living space. Even Technoblade was invited, even if he and Quackity didn't seem to like each other all that much.

George woke up first today, despite over a year of him sleeping in longer.

"Dream, darling, we have to get ready for a party now." George gently stroked his lover's hair to stir him awake gently.

"Baby, it's not until this evening, why must we wake up so early?" Dream mumbled, throwing his arm around George's waist.

"I'm not sure, I woke up with the feeling that we should be prepared for something, so I figured the party was our only plan." George turned his body towards Dream, inching closer to his cold chest.

"Your feeling must be off, there's nothing we need to do today other than show up at Quackity's. Now, come here with that lover boy mouth." Dream smiled, kissing George while they were still groggy from their sleep.

Such a domestic scene, the angel and the devil sharing a sweet morning together. To think, all those months ago, George was still on his knees for the lord in Dreams house, praying to return to a place he didn't even like. Dream thought it foolish to dwell back on the past as he did, but that feeling in his chest of love and prosperity was so satisfying. George was his angel, his lover, his blood mate and more, nothing could tear the two apart.

"Why don't we go back to sleep for a little bit, love? No use in being up if we don't have to be." Dream smiled, closing his eyes again to try and return to his dreams; George on the other hand, did not want to give in so easily.

"Dream, can I please stay up? I won't be able to go back to sleep anymore." George felt a sickly feeling of worry build up and burn bold in his chest for the first time in what felt like years.

Dream opened his eyes again, staring at George for a moment. "Angel, what's the matter? you look stressed." Dream asked, almost wanting to sit up but choosing to stay down in the warmth in spite of himself.

"I can't get rid of this feeling. I feel like I have to prepare myself for something." George himself wasn't sure why he felt so strange so early in the morning, but he knew it wasn't going to be very fun, if he were to guess.

"Alright, well, we could get up then, dear. Do you want to head to the living room, or stay here in bed but awake?" Dream didn't care what they did in all honesty, he didn't care that he was tired and warm, or if he'd end up freezing outside. It mattered to him if George was okay, and clearly right now he'd seen better days. So awake it was.

"Let's just stay here... I'm comfortable anyways..." George trailed off, almost looking guilty. "Can you stay up with me? I'm scared to feel alone right now, I don't know what's going on with me."

"Of course I'll stay up with you, baby. I wouldn't leave you alone for anything in this world. I'll talk to you all day if I have to, I don't mind." Dream smiled, looking right into George's eyes. "You're my angel, I'd do anything for you."

"Awe, you're so sweet." George smiled happily, kissing Dream again. "My devil man, treating me so nice and everything." Dream reached a hand up and stroked the side of George's face with the back of his hand. George leaned into it and sighed with contentment. It was silent and warm and ever so comfortable for a few wading minutes, until Dream couldn't keep his mouth shut any longer.