「 𝟑𝟖 」

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈

A day went by, and everything was planned out. Jungkook and you stayed for a little while talking to Taehyung, and you made a plan.

You were going back to the house, and you didn't have time to tell Sunwoo. He would try to stop you for sure, and you can't risk him getting hurt. You left a note for him underneath the apartment door, explaining how much you owe him and how he's been so good to you these past few years. Just in case anything were to happen, you told him where his gift is too.

It's hard not to think about what will happen, but you know deep down that you need to do this. You let that thought flow through your mind, and you accept it.

When Jungkook pulls up into the driveway of the same house, you hold your breath for a moment. You can't believe you're here. It's almost like a dream that you would see this place again—a bad dream, that is.

"I called earlier, so they know we're on our way," Jungkook admits, staring at the house too. "I haven't set foot in here since that night." He admits, tightening his knuckles on the steering wheel.

"Hey, it's okay. We can do this. Taehyung gave me the courage I needed, and now I know that I can still save the rest. If you never would've started talking to me at the cafe, then I would be at home watching tv right now. Both of you have helped me remember the parts I couldn't before, and now that I remember, I'm going to get your freedom back."

You open the passenger side door and step out of the vehicle. You want to see the others. You want to know how they're doing.

Slowly, you step forward towards the house. Your shoes click against the ground, and Jungkook stays a few feet behind. It seems his nerves have kicked in now.

"Come on, Jungkook. You'll be fine, and I'll be right here." You turn around and take his hand in yours while walking up the porch steps to the front door.

You know why he's nervous to be back here. He feels like he abandoned them, and he has no idea what they're going to say once seeing him.

Knocking on the door, you wait patiently for anyone to answer.

After a couple of seconds, you hear Yoongi from the other side.

"Hold on," he says on the other side of the door. You can't help the smile that comes to your face when hearing his voice. He's alive.

Truthfully, after seeing Taehyung earlier and remembering what happened to Namjoon, you weren't sure how the others would be. You didn't know if they would be gone, dead in a ditch somewhere, or worse—being tortured. You didn't want to get your hopes up, so you were expecting the unexpected.

When the front door suddenly swings open and Yoongi sees you smiling at him, he steps forward and wraps his arms around you in a tight hug.

"You're alive," he nuzzles into your neck for dear life, thinking if he lets go that you'll vanish again.

Your lip quivers, but you hold in your tears. Taehyung's right, you can't be crying every second now that you have a huge role to play in this.

Gently, you bring your arms around and pat Yoongi's back softly.

"It's okay, Yoongi. I'm back, and we're going to end this, alright?" You smile again when he pulls away.

He quickly wipes his tears and lets a warm smile spread across his face too.

"I'm sure the others will want to see you." Yoongi lifts his eyes to Jungkook, and instead of him looking mad, he keeps his smile. "Both of you,"

Jungkook shakes his head. "The cameras—"