「 𝟑𝟕 」

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈

When you step through the entrance doors of the building, a wave of encouragement hits you out of nowhere. It's as if something is helping you move forward, even if you don't know how.

There's a reason you're here, and it seems even the force that pushes you knows it too.

You shut your eyes for a brief moment, letting your bravery take over before you walk any further into this hellish building.

"Ready?" Jungkook comes up beside you, placing his hand on your shoulder.

"Of course... I have to see him. He saved me."

You walk forward with your head up high and step towards the front desk.

An older lady in white sits behind the glass, chewing on a donut while watching a small tv to the side of her.

"Patient name?" She speaks with a rude tone, not at all looking at you just yet. Her eyes are too focused on the show.

"Kim Taehyung," Jungkook steps up, holding authority in his tone. "His name is Taehyung."

As if knowing him already, she quickly tears her gaze away from the screen and straight to Jungkook.

"Y-Yes, sir," she quickly grabs the phone on her desk, explaining about visitors, and hangs up. "Someone will be with you shortly. Please take a seat," she gestures to the hard benches against the wall.

"We'll stand." Jungkook wastes no time refusing her offer.

You can take a guess why she seems so afraid. Honestly, anyone in your shoes would know why. There's no telling how many innocent people she has locked up here.

Hearing the sound of buzzing, your attention turns forward. A younger man with a darker complexion walks out with a friendly smile.

"Follow me," he says while motioning his hand. "He's waiting."

Your eyes widen a tad, but before your bravery can fall, Jungkook takes your hand in his.

"I'll be right here with you." He smiles softly, kissing the top of your hand while walking forward.

You nod gently and let his encouraging words help guide you.

Stepping into the ward, you walk beside Jungkook and ignore the smells of medicine. It's such a sickly scent.

"We have him waiting in the lobby." The man turns around. "We ask that you don't engage with any other patients, and if one of them starts bothering you, call for one of us. We'll have three men inside to watch over everything, so you should be fine, but in case it gets out of hand, then call for Terrance. That's my name."

"Thank you, Terrance." You say politely.

He does a clicking sound with his tongue and sends a wink your way before he leaves. You don't miss Jungkook's expression change to a sour one.

You gently bump his shoulder. "Don't tell me your jealous—"

"We have to find Taehyung." He walks ahead while ignoring the question. That seems to make your nerves settle down a little from seeing him jealous.

You walk forward and follow him into the main lobby. A dozen or so patients are all around the room. A few are sitting down playing games while others are talking to themselves. You count a few people that stay to themselves while observing something before them.

When glancing around the room, you hear Jungkook speak up.

"Found him," he nods his head forward in the direction of him, and you follow with your eyes.

You see the back of his head. He's sitting in a wheelchair while watching outside the massive window at the world. You take a breath in because you can do this.

Slowly, you walk forward to him.

You stop walking when you're right behind him. You gently reach your hand out, wanting to touch his shoulder, but you can't bring yourself to do it.

Will he hate you? Does he regret saving you? Does he wish you were here instead of him?

So many thoughts suddenly cloud your mind, and though you're right here, you can't seem to think of anything but negative thoughts.

You tilt your head down, not sure how to approach him. You're too afraid to say anything to him. Would it be better just to leave?

That suddenly doesn't sound too bad. Leaving would be better until this is all over. What's the point of talking to him and not getting him out of here? It could be a false hope for him.

"I can't do this, Jungkook."

Turning around, you start to walk away, but before you can, you hear a voice you haven't heard in so long.

"I'm happy you're here."

You put your hand to your mouth, turning around and seeing him still in the same position. You slowly walk around him until you can fully see his face. When you see his eyes, you can't hold in your emotions anymore.

Falling to your knees, you feel the tears run down your cheeks when you look into his eyes.

His eyes are so cloudy, and when he reaches his arms out for you, you know he can't see. He's blind.

You take his hands, holding them tightly while crying so hard. You can't hold it in. He ended up like this because of you.

"Hey, shush, stop crying, Y/N." His fingers move up your arms until they reach your face. His fingers trace the lining of your face, and then he suddenly flicks your forehead hard.

"Ouch—"

"I mean it, stop crying." He chuckles gently. "I'm still alive, got it? I'm not dead." He sighs and softly lets his fingers run down your cheeks to wipe away the tears.

"Just so you know, I would do it again." He smiles, and you look at him, you cry all over again. You come closer until you're hugging him tightly, crying onto his lap, while he just sighs but runs his fingers through your hair.

"I knew this would happen when you brought her here." He says to Jungkook, while you continue to cry.

Before too much time can go on, he suddenly grabs your shoulders and makes you sit up.

"Alright, enough with the tears, damn," Taehyung says a little annoyed. "You have to stop this crying nonsense. You'll never win if you keep that up." He admits. "Now, since you both are here, I think we should go over the plan."

"Plan?" You say while trying to calm down.

Taehyung nods. "Of course, we can't win without you, so stop crying. Our winner shouldn't be shedding tears."

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈