「 𝟑𝟎 」

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈

Your eyes open widely as if you've awoken from a terrible dream.

However, you don't remember the dream.

Glancing around the small room, you notice everything is white. Nurses dressed in scrubs rush by outside in the hallway, and you notice you're laying in a bed.

Wires are connected to you from machines, and you can see the heart monitor to your side.

"Looks like someone's awake," you turn to the other side of you quickly while in shock. "Hey, it's okay. You're safe now—"

"Who are you?" You ask abruptly, suddenly feeling the pain to your side.

"It's okay," he pauses for a brief moment. "I'm going to protect you from now on. I never introduced my name in the room a few days ago, but I'm Sunwoo. I helped you the other night after everything happened."

"The other night? What are you talking about? Where am I, and—"

You stop talking when you realize something is missing.

"What's my name?" You raise your head, meeting his gaze because you can't recall your name. Honestly, you remember nothing.

"It's Y/N... you don't remember?" When you shake your head, he stands up and tells you to wait while trying to go out and find a doctor.

You sit still with so many questions and confusion rushing through your mind.

Why can't you remember anything?

You pick your brain for anything, but nothing pops up. You can't recall even the easy questions like your age, birthday, hometown, or your parent's faces. You're so lost.

When Sunwoo comes back with a male doctor, he smiles warmly and comes up to you while checking the clipboard that hangs on the end of your hospital bed.

"I see... stab wound to the side. Well, in a couple of weeks, you'll be completely healed. Lucky, we patched you up before you could bleed to death in surgery. We also gave you some blood, so you should be feeling better now." The doctor turns to Sunwoo then to you.

"It seems you're having trouble remembering. From the report, it seems you might have a case of emotional shock. This sometimes can cause amnesia, but we can't decide that for certain until we run some tests. If that is the case, the memory always comes back within a short period of time in most cases." The doctor explains while telling Sunwoo some more important details, but you don't pay attention.

You feel so lost and unsure of yourself. What happened to you? Why are you here? He mentioned a stab wound, but by who?

So many questions rush through your mind, but Sunwoo calms you down before you can get too worked up.

"You need rest, Y/N. You've been through a lot—both physically and emotionally, so give your body the break it deserves. I promise I'll explain everything to you once you're healed."

You don't know him. You don't feel like you do at least.

Sunwoo is older, but he looks so nice and trustworthy. Could you trust him, even though he's a stranger to you?