6

Nina

I parked my car out front and made my way into the daycare for my shift

I parked my car out front and made my way into the daycare for my shift. I had a few assignments still due from the classes I was enrolled in, but since I was working the early shift a lot of the younger kids would be coming in early in the morning. After I got them all settled I'd be able to get started on my work.

My stomach growled a bit and I sighed, putting my head down on the reception desk. Days like this were the longest, and I needed coffee and food asap.

I pulled out my phone and opened up my messages with Jay. We've been texting like crazy for a few weeks but he's been so busy with the court case and all. Ole girl so fucked up for that, honestly. Jay's a good father and he would never do anything to hurt Correy. I know the whole situation is taking it's toll on him, so I'm thinking of doing something nice for him. I still don't know what, though.

I started typing a good morning text but then realized how early it was. I didn't want the notification to wake him up at 5am, so I deleted it. But he's an early bird so maybe I should go ahead and send it? I like him so much it's making me sick. I'm literally sitting here debating on whether I should click send or keep it pushing. I'm so sprung that you'd think he was fucking me good. And I won't lie and say I haven't thought about all the shit I want him to do to me..

I shook my head. I needa take my ass to church.

I heard the wind chimes over the door ring out, meaning one of the first parents arrived to drop off their child. Looking up, I saw that it was Mrs. Mays, one of the regulars here "Mornin', Mrs. Mays. How you doin' today?"

Unlike some of these rude ass parents, Mrs. Mays was sweet and always checked up on the staff, specifically me. "I'm good baby. How them classes going for you?"

"I'm pushin' through, that's fasho. The twins staying all day today?" She nodded and looked down at Mycah and Morgan who were both rubbing their eyes. Mrs. Mays worked long hours at a top notch law firm, I'm talking high profile cases like the ones that be on the news. I would love to work there with her and be apart of all of that once I get to law school and finish. Her success comes with long work days though, and most weekends the twins are here from open to close.

"You keep working, Nina. You're gonna make it, hear me?"

"Yes ma'am," I smiled. After she finished signing them in, I told the twins they could go to the nap room until it was time for breakfast. "Thank you Ms. Nina. Come on Mo," Mycah waved to me and walked hand in hand with his sister down the hall. Those two were peas in a pod. After watching their slow walk to the room, she turned to look at me.

"I don't know who got you glowing this early in the morning, Nina, but I'll say it's good to see you like this," Mrs. Mays grinned.

"What, I--" Heat rushed to my face.

"Mm m, chile. Don't even try and deny it. It's a little someone special in your life; you got that sparkle in your eye. I won't push you too much, just know I'm happy for ya." We exchanged goodbyes and she left the way she came.