7

Jay

"Wren, you know if I could let you do that I would

"Wren, you know if I could let you do that I would. But don't 'fore you fuck shit up."

I watched as she swung at the air on facetime. Her punches wasn't connecting with nothing but she looked strong as fuck. "I'll knock that bitch head off her shoulders forreal. Just give me the word."

The trial had been dragging on for weeks and it left me feeling empty. The judge decided that since he didn't know enough to make a judgement on who Correy should stay with, he would be placed in a home. Just thinking about that shit made me see red. How could my son be in foster care when I was right here, ready and willing to take care of him?

I couldn't lose Correy; it wasn't an option. My son was one of the only consistent things in my life, and I loved him with everything in me. I already lost someone I love, and I barely made it through that. Losing custody of Correy would simply break me.

Sierra better count her fucking days.

"Do not show up at the damn courthouse cause I know yo ass can't control yourself," I chuckled. Wren was never one to talk, fists first always. If you said, 'I don't hit first' Wren took that as an opportunity to catch your ass slipping. She hit first and hard and didn't give a fuck.

"I'm not, but let me know if I need to. You want us to come up there this weekend? I won't put no hands on Sierra but I don't like the thought of you being alone while this shit goin' on."

"Y'all good, I won't be alone," I smirked, thinking of Nina. Even though I didn't know when I'd see her next, the constant phone calls were enough for me.

"Oh shit who got you smiling?"

"Nah, not telling you. Not after what happened with ole girl from two years ago."

Wren kissed her teeth. "That wasn't even my fault. You shouldn't have been on the phone wit' her while I was there. And I thought you was muted."

"Okay but you ain't have to call her a 'horse-faced motherfucker.' That's rude as hell." Wren really knew no boundaries at all. I definitely wasn't gonna tell her too much about Nina, not yet at least.

"Whatever. But who dis new chick? Gimme her socials at least, for research purposes only." I shook my head at her. "Not happening."

"Imma visit soon though, I miss yall. Especially my niece."

As if on cue, Harley started screaming in the background. "Unc Jay! I miss you too." She cheesed in the camera. "When you coming with Correy again?"

Wren popped her forehead and gave her a look. "Owww, mommy. Why you do that?"

I laughed, a mixture of joy and sadness filling me. I'm glad that she got along with him and that he'd have a cousin to grow up with, but thinking that he might not even get to see Harley again made the anxiety in my chest rise. No, I'll get him back.