5

Hey yalllll 😭💕
Okay i'm sorry i been gone i'm always wishy washy with these books. lmao but imma try to be more consistent. this year been crazy so i hope y'all all doing well, being safe, and staying healthy.

Lil recap for my old readers:
Jay is trying to move on in his life without Domonique, but his babymomma Sierra is trying to take their son away from him. Raheem is following a lead about Domonique and figuring things out about her death.

Thank y'all for sticking w it and i hope y'all still wanna read 🤍Alright, onto the story...

Jay

"Order in the court! I will not have this kind of behavior in my courtroom, especially concerning the wellbeing of a child

"Order in the court! I will not have this kind of behavior in my courtroom, especially concerning the wellbeing of a child."

I almost scoffed at the judge. Clearly, she was getting ready to take Sierra's side on this. I should pull some Law and Order shit and ask her to recuse herself, biased ass.

"I apologize, your honor." I was angry but I couldn't let that get in the way of me seeing Correy.

Sierra was petty, but I had never seen this side of her.

She must have known that I was on a whole ass date with another woman, that I was ready to move on from her for good. So she got her lawyer to come serve me custody papers in the middle of my date. She talked a lot of shit about doing that before I even went out with Nina, but I guess seing me happy just set her off for real.

I ain't even have to open the papers to know what it was about. That was a few weeks ago, and here we are at our first court appearance. When I was younger, I woulda guessed that I would end up in jail for something related to pushing dope. That wasn't my path, and I still ended up here now.

Sierra smirked my way but I didn't even look. How could she be tearing our lives apart like this? She don't have to like me, and I certainly as hell don't like her. But at least for our son we could pretend to get along.

"Your honor, the defendant should be charged with kidnapping in the second degree. He took Ms. Howell's son without her permission to a different city without alerting her. His plan was to kidnap the child and leave the country upon hearing that Ms. Howell was going to relocate for her job. I--"

"Your honor, this is a hearing, not a trial. My client did not do any of these things and this is just a ploy to raise criminal charges. This matter should be settled in family court, not here. This is clearly a custody dispute."

My lawyer was on some Annalise Keating type shit and she wasn't cheap either. So I just shut my mouth and let her do the arguing for me.

"The defendant just had an extreme outburst and has made threats to my client in the past. We ask that he be remanded without bail."

I smacked. Hell no, they were trying to hit me way too hard for no reason. She was trying to guarantee that I wouldn't have custody or any parental rights. My lawyer placed a hand on my shoulder, forcing me to sink back into my chair. Lord knows I was ready to stand up and speak my mind.