22

Domonique

Domonique

I finished up with the last patient for the day and plopped down in the lounge to wait for Sade. She always took way longer than me to wrap up, but probably because she had a lot more to do. I mainly only dealt with charts and scheduling, while she was certified for minor procedures. I didn't mind much, though, because I'd be quitting this job soon.

Soon, my life would be complete, and I could not wait.

My phone buzzed, and I anxiously grabbed it hoping it was Jay. I was completely nervous for tonight. Wren I was excited to see. But Nina, not so much.

I mean, how was I supposed to face the woman who was actively in love with the same man that I've been waiting around for for six years? And after that kiss, things between Jay and I have been... electric to say the least.

Instead of seeing Jay's name on my screen, it was Sade's. A little bit of relief flooded in, as a small part of me actually hoped it wasn't him.

Sade
gonna be up here late so you can head back w/o me

but yk tonight is important !! you posed to be my moral support☹️

Sade
i know but Dr. Langley needs me to prep some op rooms for tmr

boooo. i hate that nigga.
but okay. i'll see you later tn then ?

Sade
... [typing]

Sade

I clicked my phone off, slightly annoyed but ready to get this over with. I guess I was facing this alone. But then again, that was nothing new.

Passing up a few coworkers, I made my way to my car and buckled in, putting the directions to Jaylen's apartment. Well, Jaylen and Nina's apartment.

Before I pulled out I decided to send him a text, trying my best to contain the butterflies in my stomach.

i'm omw

Jay
Good. Cause I miss you so bad I feel like I can't breathe

stop it🥺

Jay
I'm fr. Knowing that we lost so much time together, I don't wanna spend no more time without you
Alright Imma stop I sound like a corny ass nigga

no you don't🥹

Jay
Bet you laughing at me rn
Wren just got here😵‍💫

you ain't spoke to her yet ?

Jay
Nah, only reason she came was Nina asked
And because my niece wanted to see her cousin and favorite unc