Jennie Ruby Jane Kim

"Miseu bag-eul kkaewola. Beolsseo 7 siya... (Wake up Miss, it's 7 o'clock already...)"

"It's so early! I want to sleep!" Jennie groaned as she fluttered her eyes open. Morning sun peered through her eyes from the windows in her room as her maid, Sandara , pulled the heavy blue curtains aside. She blinked a few times and stretched on her bed. Pushing herself up, she leaned on the headboard trying to get rid of sleep.

Senior year here I come, Jennie chuckled groggily.

"Miseu....." Jennie vaguely realized Sandara was saying something in Korean.

"Why the hell do you speak in Korean to me Sandara?" Jennie groggily snapped at her maid.

"Miseu, al janh-a..." ("Miss, you know...") Sandara started but was cut off rudely by agitated and dismissive wave of brunette's delicate hand.

"Oh just stop it, it is to early in the morning for me to put up with my mother's nonsense."

She knew that she was being a bitch but her mother's conceited ideas annoyed her indefinitely. She was never even around and she had to put up with her obnoxious crap. Sandara just gave her a small apologetic smile.

Now she felt even worse, after all Sandara had no other option but to follow her mother's orders.

"Okay, okay I am sorry for being so cranky, you know how I am in the morning." Jennie sighed almost emphatically. She ran her fingers through her slightly ruffled morning hair. "Anyway, what did you ask me?"

"Keopi na chaleul wonhasibnikka?" ("Would you like some coffee or tea?") Sandara repeated.

While suppressing a groan of frustration at her maid speaking in Hangul again, Jennie decided not to start a day with negativity, and just go with her mother's wishes...for now. Little did she know that her day will get screwed up anyways.

"Oh, keopi jom joh-eul tende, gomawo..." ("Oh, I'd like some coffee, thanks...") she said finally with a fake smile. Nowadays she felt that that is the only type of smile she can give to people. Her days become a series of pretended politeness and faux smiles.

In a way Jennie understood why her mother insisted on her speaking Hangul. Both of her parents were Korean and they moved to Australia when she was a little, so they (that is her mother) didn't want her to forget her mother tongue. Jennie was their only child and considering that she came from quite wealthy, old Korean family, she had top notch education.

As the result she was proficient in Hangul, Mandarin, Filipino, English, French, Italian, and Spanish. She was always smarty pants, the first one to raise her hand in class, the one who got straight A's, member of few clubs, the President of Student Council. And that was probably the reason why other kids never warmed up to her. However, they respected her, she taught them how to, in her, well, one may say unconventional ways.

Jennie took out her uniform which neatly hung in her closet. Sadly she didn't get to wear any of her designer clothes most of the days, since she went to St. Katherine's Academy, which was a private high school, and of course students were required to wear uniforms.

She put on her knee long dark blue skirt, white blouse, dark blue blazer, and finally she fastened fashionable dark blue bow tie around her neck. The uniform didn't really show of her beautiful curves, but still suited her pretty well. She decided to let her hair fall loose down her back today. Finally, she applied some light make up and she was ready to go.

She grabbed her school bag and went downstairs to the kitchen to quickly grab something to eat. Sandara already prepared breakfast for her, and wonderful smell of toast, eggs Benedict and coffee greeted her. She sipped on her coffee and took small bite of her toast and eggs while checking the latest news on her laptop. She liked to be informed about important world events.