The Gala

St. Katherine's Academy was recognized for its Annual Christmas Galas. It was basically one of the main annually events in the lives for the upper-class teenagers. It was a tradition for this prestigious school, and every subsequent year they went out of their way to make it even more memorable than the previous year.

Young people were cordially greeting each other, chatting, and mingling everywhere. Caterers were hurriedly carrying trays with appetizers and drinks, non-alcoholic of course, around.

Everything was decorated in Christmas theme, which was nice, Rosé guessed. Huge Christmas tree was propped in the left side of the room, richly decorated. There was a huge crystal chandelier above them, sparkling with thousands of lights. Soft classical music was playing in the background.

To her, all of this seemed exaggerated, artificial in a way. She thought that by now she would have gotten used to the lavishness of these galas but apparently she was wrong.

She sipped on her bubbly drink, socializing with her peers, but really she was alert, scanning the room for the only person she looked forward to seeing.

As suspected by the mysterious sender, her dress fit her perfectly, and she was attracting looks even more than usual. Her blonde hair was curled and fell free on the left side of her head. She's done her makeup carefully today, managing to make herself look decent, at least that's what she thought.

She was smiling at people, Chanyeol by her side, jumping at her every request, trying too hard to impress her or whatever. She was contemplating whether to thank him for the dress in this moment or later when she meets up with him, but she decided it might be better later. If it is him, I will apparently have to have "the talk" with him again, she sighed, her gaze scanning the room repeatedly.

Chanyeol pulled on her hand gently, leading her through the ballroom, greeting some more of their friends. "Oh look, a mistletoe." he said pointing above them. Rosé looked in the direction of his finger, only to have him steal a little kiss from her lips when she looked back at him.

"Chanyeol." Rosé said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh don't sweat it Rosé. It's the tradition." he said with just a tad of bitterness in his voice, Rosé wouldn't have noticed if she didn't know him well.

"Look, it seems like I've made your little girlfriend jealous." he whispered in her ear, invading her personal space. Rosé shot a quick confused look at his strange behavior, before snapping her head around, looking for Jennie.

And there she was, across the room, partially hidden by the people that obstructed Rosé's field of vision. Her eyes were unmistakably holding her signature glare, almost burning holes in poor Chanyeol.

Rosé's breath caught in her throat as she looked her over. Jennie shifted her gaze on her then, and even all the way across the room, Rosé could see her face softening. It seemed that they held each others eyes for hours.

You know those moments in the movies when everything slows down, and all the sound becomes mute, and there is only you and that other person. Well that's how Rosé felt in this exact moment.

People cleared around a bit, allowing Rosé to take Jennie in from head to toe. Looking at her, Rosé felt her mouth suddenly go dry and her heart skipped a beat...or two. Jennie looked absolutely ravishing. Her hair, was pulled up in a stylish side bun. Her sparkly, one shoulder, red dress accentuated her hourglass figure.

Her cat-like eyes were sparkling in a particular way tonight, and Rosé wasn't really sure if that was due only to the makeup. Rosé was completely swept off her feet, oblivious to the world around her, not noticing Chanyeol's pained expression, as she gazed at Jennie.