Grief

"Bye now, big ass." Jennie said as she pecked Rosé's lips and playfully slapped her butt. Rosé watched her hips sway until she was no longer in her field of vision. She slumped against the locker, sighing heavily. Jennie was definitely driving her crazy. She is just acting so hot and cold, Rosé huffed in frustration as she picked up the stuff from her locker.

Tightening her coat around herself, she inhaled deeply, trying to prepare herself for the imminent impact of cold air. Rosé hated winter, and especially those freezing white things that fell from the sky. Tucking her nose in her scarf she picked up her speed, wanting to get home as soon as possible. Thankfully she didn't have to work today, so she will have the time to do her homework, which by the way she was behind on.

She couldn't allow herself to slip up, her scholarship depended on her grades. Ha, the scholarship awarded to me by Kai's family foundation, and I am banging his girlfriend, Rosé shook her head at the irony of this whole situation.

She was a bit frustrated because Jennie proved to be such a hard nut. Rosé was trying to break through her defenses, but it was more difficult than she initially thought. This past month was...in a lack of better expression, very bittersweet. Rosé loved that she could kiss Jennie and make love to her pretty much whenever she wanted, but she needed more. She wanted Jennie to trust her, to open herself up to her, to love her. She just kept reminding herself that all good things are worth waiting for, and Jennie was definitely worth waiting for.

On a bright side, she learned some stuff about Jennie she didn't know before. She learned little things, things that some people might consider irrelevant, but Rosé cherished every and each one of them. The way Jennie would start babbling in Hangul when she was thinking too hard of something, the way she would play with her necklace when she was nervous, the way she hummed in the shower, the way she cooed to her dogs. The way her eyes were glazed over, the way her lips stretched in a dazed smile.

Those were the times Rosé felt like she was seeing the real Jennie, this lonely, beautiful and lost girl. Those were the moments that made her fall profoundly and madly in love with Jennie, and the moments that proved her she was right to listen to her instincts and go after what her heart was seeking.

It also proved her that she was right to disregard Chanyeol's parting words to her, which she did sadly think about quite often.

But on the other hand, Jennie had to come up with those stupid rules. Rosé couldn't believe her when she came over one day and Jennie presented her with a list of rules, and not just that but as Jennie put it, it was a "contract", and Rosé was supposed to sign it.

Rosé was completely dumbfounded at Jennie's bussinesy like behaviour. Gosh she is just such a control freak sometimes, Rosé groaned at the memory. But she is my control freak, she smiled to herself, thinking of the brunette.

The contract consisted of long list of rules, which to be quite honest Rosé didn't even read. She remembered the first few ones which Jennie read out loud to her in a strictly businessy kiwi voice:

1.Absolutely no one can know.
2.No sleepovers.
3.No jealousy.
4.No feelings but shouldn't worry about that one since I hate you.

And that's pretty much when Rosé shut her up with a kiss. She never finished reading the list but she was pretty sure she broke rule 3 and 4, and she wanted to break the 1 and 2 really bad too. Whenever she saw Jennie with Kai, she wanted to strangle him, but she couldn't. She had to remind herself that Jennie wasn't hers...at least not yet.

Jennie never asked her anything about Chanyeol though, but Rosé was pretty sure she knew since it was the main topic in school for a couple of days. Rosé even felt kind of relieved that Jennie didn't ask her about it, because there was no way she could tell her the real reason.