Friday

It was Friday, and Rosé's week passed by quickly. It is quite interesting how time flies by when you are busy. This year she became the head cheerleader, so she had even more cheering responsibilities than last year. However she didn't mind it, on the contrary, she was content with being the leader.

She loved being a cheerleader, and not because of the status. It helped her relaxed, and it took her mind off of school. Just for a couple of hours she could forget all about the pressure to maintain perfect grades, and let out all the pent up stress through exercise.

She always tried her best, and always encouraged her teammates to perform well. So it wasn't a surprise to anyone that she became the head cheerleader.

She just announced that the practice was finished, and flashed a tired but still dazzling smile at her teammates. Despite being tired she smiled back at her.

"Girl you killed us today!" her best friend Jisoo, and exaggeratedly slumped down on the bench in the changing room.

"Come on, it wasn't that bad, plus we have to bring our best game this year, it is our last year in this school." she said with an encouraging smile.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, but I'm telling you I don't know how much more of this I can handle." Jisoo teased again while wiping in invisible sweat off of her forehead.

"The ones who can't handle it, can quit right now!" Rosé said a bit louder so everyone can hear her. She tried to sound serious and tough but Jisoo completely obliterated her effort by jumping on her and pinching her cheeks.

"Ooooh you little softy who are you going to kick out?" Jisoo cooed while still pinching her cheeks, and making funny grimaces with Rosé's face.

"Alright, I get a point, I am a softy. Now will you just stop pinching me, please?" Rosé mumbled while gently pushing Jisoo off of her.

With her cheeks slightly red she returned her attention to her teammates who were watching the whole scene amused.

"But now seriously guys, I love you all and I wouldn't kick anyone out of the team, but we really have to push it hard this year. I know this is not the last year for all of you, but it is for me, and I want this season to be the most memorable one. So will you all please help me?" she smiled at them expectantly.

The majority smiled back at her little motivational speech, and cheered in support. They loved Rosé, no one was really able to say no to her and her smile only was enough to charm them into doing whatever she asked them to.

Only bitchy trio didn't join in and stood there awkwardly as the other girls grinned at Rosé. Bitchy trio was the name Jisoo and Lisa used for three girls that believed that being cheerleader considered not only wearing her cheering uniform but also a bitchy attitude.

Jisoo of course shoot them a death glart which caused them to winced in discomfort. She was the strongest girl on the team, and she could definitely be terrifying sometimes. Rosé seemingly oblivious to quite exchange between Jisoo and the bitchy trio shouted for a group hug.

• • •

After the practice, Rosé went home to change, and then straight to Park's, a little coffee place that her parents owned. She would go there some days after school to help them out, and that way she earned her weekly allowance. She also worked there most of the days this past summer, so she saved some money on the side. She wanted to go on a trip across Europe some day, and well, it was never too early to start saving.

As she opened the doors of Park's, a pleasant smell of coffee, fresh bagels, and familiarity enveloped her. She could feel her stomach growling at the wonderful smells.