one.

~~~Georgie's Last Appearance~~~

OCTOBER 1988.

 The autumn air of Derry could never stand without rain pouring for hours on end. Since the cycle of autumn arrived, that was exactly what happened. Weeks and weeks of rain pouring on the town heavily until the Canal and the river had ultimately overflowed and flooded some parts of the town including the suburban streets near the Denbrough's Residence, located next to the Flint's Residence. 

 The two families were close in terms of friendship as the head house of the two families -Zack Denbrough and Jacob Flint- were best friends. Zack had a wife named Sharon, and the two had two children; Bill Denbrough and Georgie Denbrough. Jacob married a woman called Cora and the two had a daughter named Adelaide Flint. Sadly, when the young girl was five years old, they lost Cora due to cancer. 

 Bill Denbrough, at the year of 1988, was a 12 year-old boy, a year older than Adelaide. Georgie was small and much younger as he was only six. Due to living in such close proximity, Adelaide was as close to the Denbrough boys as family. Georgie had always been like a little brother to her, though she suppose she couldn't say the same for Bill. It's not for the fact that he's older and thus, an older brother, but she actually had a crush on Bill. However, she had loved Bill, too, considering he was her best friend since she was born. 

 The flood had receeded, though they were still advised to stay cautious, especially by Witcham Street as a small part of it was barricaded. The heavy rain had mostly settled, though some days the water would fall heavily. Adelaide enjoyed the rain very much. She loved the sound of the rain splatters on the glass windows of her room and out on the road in front of the house, she loved the chill air that could sometimes cause her flu.

 There was only about one thing that she wasn't a fan of when it comes to rain; thunders and lightnings. It wasn't a huge fear, or anything of that sort. She just didn't like it when the thunders rumbled and she could feel the ground shaking, and her windows rattling, often making her feel that the illusion of the house collapsing could come true.

 She also didn't like lightnings mostly because of the possibility of being struck by it but she knew the chances of that are low especially when indoors. But she still didn't like how even with her eyes clenched shut, she could still see the white flash of the lightning through the windows of her room. 

 But, on that one specific day that will soon turn to be a tragic memory, the rainy weather was nice. It rained quite heavily, but not too much that it caused thunders and lightnings, much to Adelaide's content. Another thing she supposed she didn't like about the rain was not being able to see her friends, not that she even had that many.

 There was Bill, Eddie, Stanley and Richie. All of them boys, mostly because she's scared to even try making new friends, whether boys or girls. The only reason she was friends with the boys was because of Bill. Since the two were practically glued to one another, his friends became hers, too. All of them were a year older than Adelaide, and Bill was the only apparent connection, sometimes it seemed. The only exception to that was Stanley. 

 Since she couldn't get out of the house to meet her friends, she could always go over to the Denbrough's but Georgie had informed her that Bill had been sick that morning. With nothing else to do, she decided to go to her desk and maybe sketch something.

 Adelaie loved sketching and anything related. She had a detailed eye and a gentle hand that allowed her to draw with such ease. She walked over and took a seat in her chair and brought out her sketchbook with a set of pencils that she got for her birthday last year. 

 As she began drawing a scenery of a place she conjured up in her bare mind, she looked up to see Bill and Georgie sitting by Bill's desk, facing the window across Adelaide's room, though their eyes were both focused on something on Bill's desk that Adelaide could not see.

 A smile formed on her pale complexion at the sight of Bill. How could he have looked that good even in sickness? She watched as Bill moved one of his hands in swift strokes with a brush held between his fingers and his eyes held focus in them. Georgie had an arm around Bill as his head was leaned against the side of Bill's head, their eyes following the movements of the brush. 

 It was Georgie who had seen Adelaide sitting by her desk at the window. He pulled his head away to flash a wide smile of glee paired with a wave as greeting to the dark haired girl. Adelaide's smile of admiration towards Bill turned to a nurturing warm smile as she waved just as enthusiastically to Georgie.

 When Bill realized Georgie's shift of focus, he looked up to meet Adelaide's gray eyes and his confused expression changed to an adoring one as he met her gaze. Bill's free hand had stretched over somewhere and Adelaide could then see that he took his walkie-talkie when he showed it to her, indicating for her to grab hers so they could communicate. 

"H-Hi, Del," he spoke softly. 

 Bill had a stutter that started when he was younger after he got into an accident. His mother said that was why he had stuttered but Bill always thought there was more to it than just the after effect of a car accident. 

"Hi, Billy, whatchu doing?" Adelaide had stopped her sketching and brought her head forward to rest her chin on her propped arm on the desk. 

"P-Paper boat for G-Georgie," he muttered sheepishly as he brought up a shiny paper boat, no doubt already glazed with paraffin oil.

"HI, ADELAIDE!" Georgie screamed to the walkie-talkie beside Bill's ear causing the older boy to scrunch his face. 

"Hi, Georgie," she giggled. 

"Sh-She can hear you. Sh-Sh-She's not deaf," Bill huffed weakly. 

"No worries, Billy," Adelaide assured, still giggling softly. "Feeling any better, Denbrough?" 

"N-Not really," he shook his head, slightly looking down, avoiding Adelaide's eyes. "W-Wait," he uttered and Adelaide only nodded. 

 She watched Bill put down the walkie-talkie and turn to Georgie, holding the boat up. His lips mouthed words that Adelaide couldn't quite make out but she didn't really care about it but her eyes still stayed on the two boys. She watched Georgie nodding his head to Bill and gave a quick kiss on Bill's cheek, before the two turned back to meet Adelaide. She rose her brows in question and once again, he brought up his walkie-talkie but this time, he held it closer to Georgie's face. 

"Bye, Adelaide!" Georgie spoke. 

"Careful out there, Little George," Adelaide smiled as she let out the words. 

 Bill changed the frequency of his walkie-talkie and changed it to match Georgie's. They tested the walkie-talkies and once done, Georgie skipped out of Bill's room with utter excitement. Bill looked over to Adelaide and wrote something on a paper. He held it up against the window and written in black marker was WISH I COULD SEE YOU.

 Adelaide could feel her cheeks rise up with heat but she chuckled it off and wrote something on a piece of paper to reply to him. YOU ARE SEEING ME GENIUS. He shook his head and wrote back YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Adelaide nodded with a flustered smile. Bill's head suddenly glanced over his shoulder and he stood up and walked over to the other window of his room that faced the street.

 Adelaide stood up as well and down in front of the Denbrough's, Georgie was in his yellow raincoat and green galoshes, waving up to Bill before turning his head to Adelaide and gave her another wave of goodbye. Adelaide waved back with a smile and watched as he skipped down the street following the boat that was moving on the flowing water.

 Her gaze followed the little boy and for some reason, she felt the need to follow him. Or to tell him to come back, stay home, stay with Bill. Or let her follow him and they can play with the boat together. She didn't know why she was thinking those thoughts but she pushed them away and noticed that Georgie must have turned the corner and out of sight. 

 That was the last time Adelaide Flint saw Georgie Denbrough.

 Or so she thought.