three.

~~~Last Day Of School~~~

JUNE 1989.

 Summer had inserted itself into the cycle of the year but still, Georgie Denbrough was nowhere to be found, but still, Bill Denbrough believed his brother to be alive. Summer break would soon begin and of course, Adelaide was looking forward to it.

 During the last period before school would end for weeks, Adelaide was waiting for the time to pass ever so patiently. At each glance up the clock in the class, the time would show to still be long until the end arrived. Each minute felt like an hour to pass, and the only sound that would fill her hearing was the slow ticking of the clock. 

 She was classmates with Stanley Uris, one of her best friends, who she also had a small crush on. It wasn't as strong as the one she had on Bill, but Stan could still make her blush and fluster though he had no idea of his capabilities.

 Stanley's a year older than her, making him the same age as Bill but when Stan was younger, he got sick a lot and had to miss school, so he was stuck in the same grade as Adelaide but she always thought there would be a time when he would be able to skip the grade and catch up with people his age because he was smart. He was really smart, much smarter than the others, but Bill was a close second. Adelaide was hopeless in academics, that was for sure. 

 Stanley was a shy, Jewish boy. Even with Adelaide and their friends, he was still a little more reserved. Stan had a really mature personality, especially when compared to another one of their friends, Richie. Stanley's very sensible, too, the most out of all of them.

 Despite being extremely mature, Stan still had his charm that could win your heart. Not to mention when he would get snarky and sassy towards someone. He could make you laugh without even knowing it. He's quite tall, around the same height as Bill.

 Adelaide knew that she had taken a liking to Stanley since the first moment they met. Though sometimes, she did wonder what it would be like to be loved by Stanley. Stan was always neat, in a lot of ways. The way he thinks, the way he talks, the way he walks, the way his curls are always rested against his forehead as though styled, the way his kippah would be placed perfectly on his head. He was orderly, and Adelaide could see herself admiring it at times. 

 As she waited for last period to end, she couldn't help but glance over to Stanley who was seated in front of the person beside her. She noticed that he too, had looked over his shoulders at her a lot. It happened a lot in class, the two would meet their eyes and Adelaide could swear that sometimes she saw pink flush grow apparent on Stanley's cheeks just as he could swear that sometimes he saw the same thing but on her.

 Adelaide listened to the teacher -not focusing all too much but still listening-, waiting for the school day to end but the only sound she could hear ever so loudly was the ticking of the clock. Tick Tock Tick Tock, it went.