thirty-three.

~~~Defeating IT (I)~~~

 There It was. The clown. Pennywise the Dancing Clown, there to be seen.

 It was sitting, head tilted downwards. It's joints were bent in all the wrong ways. It's legs were stretched out front. Without ever looking up or even fixing It's disjointed arms, the clown stood up. Actually, it was more like he was elevated upwards.

 The Losers' breathing had all deepened as they panted, their feet ready to run and escape. The sound of bones cracking filled the echoing room as the clown's arms returned to place. 

"KILL IT, BILL! KILL IT!" Eddie screamed loudly. 

"Shit, we're gonna fucking die," Adelaide groaned.

"JUST KILL IT! KILL IT, BILL!" Eddie screamed louder as the clown's head began tilting up to face them. 

 The choruses of voices emitting from the Losers' mouths deafened Bill's ear. He found his hand tightly gripping the bolt gun. He was panting with fear and nerves as he watched the clown's eyes roll back into place, all bloody and yellow. The voices of the Losers' never once stopped as they only grew louder. 

"KILL IT!"

"BILL!"

"KILL!"

"KILL IT, BILL!"

"BILL, KILL IT!"

 Mike held tightly the pipe over his head. His eyes widened in realization that the gun held in Bill's hand was lacking a bolt. The remaining bolts had fallen down the well. The only one left had been used by Bill to kill 'Georgie'. 

"It's not loaded," he uttered in realization. He watched in horror as everyone kept on screaming to Bill to kill the clown and he watched as Bill cocked the bolt gun, ready to aim. "HEY, IT'S NOT LOADED!" He yelled louder, but it was overpowered by the Losers' screaming. 

 Adelaide heard his second cry but it was too late. Bill had already aimed the gun to the clown's white forehead, and his fingers had pulled the trigger. The sound that it released was softer than the sound it made when 'Georgie' was hit.

 But even so, the clown's forehead had fractured, causing the creature to growl as his head shook. Adelaide began panicking knowing somehow that It wasn't really hurt. She heard Richie sighing with relief but she couldn't.

 Her eyes frantically searched the pile of junks for anything she could use because she knew it wasn't over. Her eyes settled on a pipe that laid on the wet floor. Her hands picked it up and she slightly winced as the wet metal touched her skin.

 The clown growled and bent It's body backwards, causing the teens to gasp aloud, watching as black substance was released from It's fractured spot on the forehead. 

 It's body began shaking vigorously, eliciting loud screams from some of the Losers. As It shook, It straightened up, revealing It's forehead as thought nothing had happened.