fourteen.

~~~A Leap Of Faith~~~

"Wanna play loogie?" Richie asked with glee. 

"Gross," Adelaide laughed, shaking her head. 

 Richie's grin stayed wide as he looked at the other boys for support. All of them had matching grins on their faces as well, indicating for Richie to begin first. He tried to conjure up spit from his throat, making noises that sounded like dry gargles and growls before something shot out of his mouth and into the fall in front of them.

 Adelaide broke out in another fit of giggles as Richie looked over smugly and Eddie letting out a small chuckle. Richie wiggled his brows suggestively to Stanley who looked over at the others for support. 

"Stanley, no, don't," Adelaide shook her head laughing. 

His smile widened and he managed to spit out but his spit was barely all that furher away. "Oh my God," Richie mumbled, shaking his head. 

 Adelaide laughed and shook her head to show that she was not going to join them in such a game. Richie only shrugged and landed his eyes on Bill who would have to go next. He sent a smirk to Adelaide and the others before leaning forward as a spit shot off his lips. It was sent quite far, a little further than Stan's but not as far as Richie's. 

"So easy, poor tree," Richie giggled. 

 Ben sent his own spit into the void which wasn't all that bad. Eddie went next and it wasn't hard to see that his landed the nearest compared to everyone else's. Adelaide stared at his fallen spit with a little pity as her laughter intensified and Richie's smirk increased in smugness. 

"So easy," Richie chuckled. "Oh my God, that was terrible. I win!" 

"You won?" Eddie frowned. 

"Yeah," Richie fixed his glasses. 

"Did you see my loogie?" Eddie held his arm forward to where his spit had fallen. 

"That went the farthest!" Richie exclaimed, his arm forwarded to his front as well to make a point. "It's by distance!"

"Mass. It's always been mass," Eddie insisted. 

Adelaide frowned while she and the others looked from Richie to Eddie. "What the- What is mass?" Richie's voice raised, his head shaking furiously at Eddie's argument. 

"Who cares how far it goes? It matters how cool it looks, like it's green or it's white or juicy and fat," Eddie went on. 

"Eddie, that's gross," Adelaide snorted. 

"Alright, who's first?" Bill shook his head, slightly amused. 

 All six of them looked over the cliff nervously. Adelaide bit her lower lip. Her body shivered when she felt her left shoulder brushing against Stan's while her right shoulder was pressed against Bill's. She tensed up when she felt Bill's fingers hovering over hers.