thirty-two.

~~~Saving Bev (II)~~~

"Stan, you ready? We gotta find Bill," Adelaide caressed his cheek, not caring that there was blood at the tip. 

 Stan nodded before slightly wincing in pain. He pulled away from Adelaide and her arm was helping him from behind. Slowly, he managed to stand up.

 Adelaide unwrapped the blood covered shirt around Stan's head and discarded it onto the ground, bringing one of Stan's arm across her shoulders. Her right hand held his right one that was across her while her left hand was rested gently on his waist for support. 

 The boy didn't notice before that Adelaide was shirtless. He felt guilt flooding him as he limped alongside Adelaide. They followed the movements of Eddie, Richie, Ben and Mike, all of whom were calling for Bill.

 Adelaide tightened her hold on Stan so he wouldn't fall. Their feet splashed the grey water and Adelaide scrunched her face in disgust when she felt drops of it splattering her bare skin. 

"I'm sorry," Stan murmured. 

"What? Why?" 

"I'm sorry," he repeated again. 

"Don't be. Please," she sniffled, feeling her eyes drying. 

"I love you," he whispered. 

"I love you too, Stanley."

"I'm sorry about your shirt," he added again, his voice slurring tiredly. 

"It's fine, I was totally planning to fight It naked anyways," she chuckled jokingly. 

"Anyways isn't a word," he grinned. 

"I'm standing shirtless and we're literally walking towards our doom. Do you really think it's time for an English lesson?" She grunted, struggling to hold Stan. 

"I needed one. Now I know what staying together means," he joked, pulling himself off her. 

Adelaide stopped walking just in front of a tunnel where the others were already in at the front. She looked at him, straight in the eye. "God, I fucking love you," she laughed, hugging him tight, causing him to flinch. "Shit, sorry," she giggled. 

 They entered the tunnel, their throats letting out a cry for Bill's name. The water in that tunnel was at least knee-level and Adelaide could feel the dirtiness of it touch her legs. She breathed deeply, trying to focus on finding her best friend within the dark tunnels.

 Stan could swear his head was beginning to turn. Maybe he had lost too much blood but he was feeling light-headed. Without realizing it, he connected his hand with Adelaide, feeling a surge of adrenaline pumping him. 

"BILL!"

"BILL!"

"BILL!"

"BILL!"