twenty-one.

~~~Fireworks~~~

~~~Fireworks~~~

"William Denbrough, are you trying to win my heart?" Adelaide giggled quietly as she opened the door to her house to see Bill who had loads of snacks in his arms. 

"I-Is it working?" He blushed sweetly. 

"Very much so," she beamed, pulling him in by the arm. 

 She closed the door and told him to quietly walk up the stairs into her room while she grabbed some sodas for them. She had decided on two bottles of Coke for them and cautiously climbed the staircase.

 Adelaide tried her best to keep quiet until she got to her room where she locked the door in case her father had decided to wake up out of the blue but that truly was unlikely. Bill was waiting for her in the room, trying his best to support the packets of chips and snacks he brought over for the two to share. 

"Careful," she whispered as Bill swung a leg over the windowsill to the roof. 

 Bill had managed to get onto the roof beside Adelaide's window that faced the street. He carefully dumped the pile onto the roof before going to the window to help Adelaide. She had gotten a leg out and she was ducking her ehad as to not hit the window. 

"Come on," he softly uttered, his hands ready to catch her if she falls.

 Once she got out, he gently ghosted his hands at her waist before he let go. Instead, he rested a hand on her small back and another by hovering in front of her stomach to carefully lead her. 

"Billy, I've gotten out here way too many times. No need to be so worried," she laughed sweetly, suddenly feeling flustered. 

"I-I'm always worried a-about you, Del," he rubbed her shoulder before helping her sit on the roof. 

"You're too sweet," she whispered almost too softly that he could barely hear her. He wouldn't have heard her had she not laid her head on his shoulder. 

"A-Always for you," he leaned his head onto hers as she unwrapped a Snickers bar. 

 Bill tore open one of the potato chips packet and began crunching on it. His head had straightened up but Adelaide's was still leaned beside him. Since the fireworks wouldn't start in at least 5 more minutes, the two only sat on the roof staring at the stars.

 Occasionally, Bill would take a chip and put it in Adelaide's mouth and she would give him a bite of her Snickers. After the bar finished, she opened a packet of M&Ms, sharing it with Bill. 

 5 minutes passed by and like clockwork, the first firework thrusted up into the dark night. It burst open, sending sparks to different directions in the canvas of the sky. Dark blue filled with yellow stars continued to shine brighter as more fireworks lighted the night. All sorts of colors were released. Some were green, blue, pink...