seven.

~~~Another Click~~~

~~~Another Click~~~

 Adelaide woke up the next morning due to the sound of her father rushing outside of her room. She could hear the fabric of his pants rustling against one another as his footsteps thumped onto the floorboards. Just as she was about to turn her head to continue sleeping, her father knocked on the white colored door and woke her up from the other side, his voice slightly muffled and distant. 

"Wake up! Your friends are here!" 

"What?" Adelaide's voice came out a little higher than usual. 

"Del, it's me! Open up, sleepyhead!" The familiar loud voice that belonged to Richie spoke out as the door was hit with knocks. 

"Richie?" She groaned. 

"I will kick down this door, Adelaide Liz Flint! You better not be naked!" Richie yelled. 

"I am, Rich!" She raised her voice, refusing to open her eyes, though she wasn't naked.

"Even better!" 

"Get your pervy ass outta here, Trashmouth!" 

"You promised! Come on, Stanley's coming over soon. You don't wanna see Stan the Man in your morning breath, do you?" 

"Fuck you, Richie Tozier!" She huffed, opening the door of her room and letting him in. 

"Honey, watch your language. You too, Richard," Adelaide's father pointed at Richie as warning though his voice sounded more amused than it was angry. "I gotta go now. Be careful out there today. And remember, don't go anywhere alone, you hear?" 

"Yes, Dad. Have a great day at work," she nodded and he kissed the top of her head before waving goodbye and rushing down the stairs. "What in the fuck is the matter with you?" She turned to Richie and flicked his head. 

"OW! What's that for?" He winced, rubbing the back of his head. 

"You know what it's for!" She rolled her eyes and went to the bathroom. 

"Okay, I'm sorry I brought up you liking Stan-"

"I don't like him!" 

"Liar," he scoffed. 

"I don't! I just told you I thought he was cute," she shrugged. "And I told you that in confidence, Rich!"

"Yeah, yeah, I apologize. At least Bill wasn't here to hear his girl liking another guy," he snickered, saying the last sentence under his breath but Adelaide managed to catch it. She had sharp ears. "Hey, how's it feel to be in a love triangle?" 

"You are such a dick, Richie. I'm not in a love triangle and I'm not Bill's girl-"

"But you want to be." 

"Beep beep before I kick you out of my house," she warned and he obliged. 

 He was sitting at the edge of her bed when she went back to the bathroom to get ready. She brought a striped blue t-shirt over her head and inserted her arms through the sleeves. Then, she pulled some denim shorts over her legs and folded each of the leg once to give it a slightly cuffed look. She walked out of the bathroom as she clasped a small necklace and made her way to the closet. She searched through the wardrobe for a belt and settled on a light blue, almost turquoise one and she brought it around the waist of the shorts.