nineteen.

~~~Group Confession~~~

"Holy shit, that was amazing! We should do that again!" Adelaide cheered as they continued down the Barrens. 

"Weren't you in the middle of a headache or something?" Eddie frowned. 

"Fuck that, Eddie Spaghetti. I'm pumped! I'm exhilarated! I am super ready for like literally everything! I could kill someone!" 

"Woah, hold your panties, Del," Richie let out. 

"Oh you wish you could hold my panties, you virgin frog," she added, but her tone didn't sound the least bit angry. 

"Is she always like that?" Mike whispered lowly, amused but not low enough that Adelaide couldn't hear because she burst out laughing. 

"I've seen worse," Stan shrugged with a smirk, earning a hit from the girl as she laughed. 

 4th of July arrived a few days after the apocalyptic rock fight took place. The Losers each had been busy attending to their own matters such as house chores and they could barely hang out for too long in the pan of the few days.

 On the celebratory day, they had decided to group together once again, including Mike. Derry often had an extravagant day each year for the celebration. This year was not an exception despite all the horrors that had been haunting the town for the last year. 

 There was a marching band performance from the high school kids that had joined the club, along with parades and speeches from the mayor and town council. The Losers were ganged up in an alley, staring at the missing posters plastered all over the wall in front of them. Eddie and Adelaide had gone to get ice cream. 

 Every year during the 4th of July celebration in Derry, there was a specific ice cream truck that would visit the small town. They had the best ice cream Adelaide had ever tasted. Other than the annual fireworks, the ice cream would almost be the only thing she would look forward to. She personally preferred a basic chocolate flavoured ice cream or cookies and creams. 

 While Eddie and Adelaide went to go get the ice creams, Richie had gone to the middle of the road, torturing some poor member of the marching band by taking an instrument from the guy and blowing into it carelessly.

 That caused a horrible sound to escape the golden-colored instrument. The band player was working his best trying to snatch the instrument from Richie who avoided his reach and kept on blowing into it. 

"Fuck, this is so good," Adelaide indulged, taking a small taste of her ice cream as she and Eddie walked back to the Losers with two cones in each of their hands. "Stanthony, your mint," she held out her hand to give Stan his mint flavoured ice cream. 

"Absolutely disgusting," Richie glared at the mint ice cream as he made his way to beside Adelaide.

"Oh, get a life, frog face," Adelaide rolled her eyes, flicking the back of his head.