fifteen.

~~~Boys And Girls~~~

 They all stayed in the water for quite some time after, Richie being more careful as to not graze anything else after the incident with the turtle. Once noon neared, they finally decided to get out of the water. They swam back to the edge of a short cliff.

 It was short enough for them to climb on and return to their belongings to dry themselves. Stan and Bill had gotten out first and together, they helped Ben, Adelaide, Richie, Beverly and Eddie up onto the hard ground that got wetter as each person climbed on due to the water that dripped off their bodies.

 The further ground of the cliff had layering grounds that could almost function as steps to lead to higher ground. The boys walked up to the direction of their belongings while Beverly and Adelaide stayed there.

"Thanks for inviting me today," Beverly smiled.

 She had a warm and welcoming smile, thought Adelaide. Her blue eyes had shone brighter under the summer sky by the quarry. Her hair, like Adelaide's, was slicked back and so her face was clear of wet hair.

 Water dripped from her eyelashes and lips and she hadn't bothered to wipe them off, so the droplets fell onto her bare thighs. Like her eyes, Beverly's freckles that surrounded her complexion became clearer as the sun rose higher due to noon's approach.

"No worries. It was fun hanging with you. I've never really had girl friends before," Adelaide looked down at her bare thighs that was still wet, her finger drawing circles as her voice lowered.

"Me neither," Beverly added. "I could be your first, if you want me to."

 Adelaide's grey eyes met Beverly's blue ones. They were hopeful and Adelaide understood that Beverly was sincere about the offer. It was certainly that offer that piqued Adelaide's interest. Beverly seemed like a really fun person and an even better friend.

"Yeah," Adelaide nodded sweetly. "I'd love that."

 Soon after, light footsteps and murmurs of the boys were heard as they all had a bag in their hand each except for Bill who also held Adelaide's while Richie also held Beverly's and Ben was holding a boombox in addition to his own backpack. Bill and Richie were careful not to wet the girls' bags.

 They walked down the ground steps and tossed the bags to the rightful owners and each of them took out a towel. She used one to wipe her dry and another, she laid it on the surface of the ground and laid there with a pair of sunglasses covering her eyes from the sun's burn. She felt Beverly do the same on the spot beside her and the two sunbathed, not really paying attention to the boys around them. 

 Adelaide felt the heat radiated form the afternoon sun tingle her damp skin. Every once in a while, she turned to lay on her stomach so her back would dry completely. The boys had turned on the boombox, and a song began playing. Adelaide recognized it as a song by New Kids On The Block.

 After a while, the song changed to Bust A Move by Young MC. Adelaide's head slowly bopped to the beat of the song as her lips hummed quietly. Her eyes were covered by her black sunglasses but they stayed shut still.

 It was only until she grew thirsty that she let her eyes flutter open and she could see from the corner of her eye that there were five pairs staring back at her and Beverly. The boys were gaping at them, occasionally blinking as though they were having trouble believing what their eyes were seeing.

 Her eyes were mostly stuck on Stan's. The way he was looking over to her sent chills down her spine. That's when she realized none of the boys knew that she saw them because the darkness of the sunglasses covered her eyes.

 For some reason, having them stare at her almost bare body didn't make her uncomfortable. That, and she supposed they could have been looking at Beverly and not her. Beverly did have a really nice body, even Adelaide could agree with that. 

 The boys' cheeks were all turning red, but the faces Adelaide found herself not being able to stop looking at were the ones that belonged to Bill and Stan. The way they looked at her conjured up a swarm of warm butterflies to dance in her stomach.

 It was a beautiful dance, that she actually enjoyed. And she found herself wanting them to dance again. Stanley was looking at her not in the childish and innocent way, but in a newfound awe. He felt guilty for staring at her that way, but she was beautiful to him, just marvelous

 Bill's gaze matched Stan's and Bill wanted to look away because he didn't want to make her uncomfortable if she noticed them staring. It would be rude, and absolutely wrong but the sight was compelling and just divine. Her body was magnetic and it had nothing to do with the fact that it was just a girl's body. It was because of Adelaide. It was her body and to Bill, she was perfect, in every way. 

 Adelaide could almost feel her body turning red not because of the rays of the sun, but because of the almost hungry gazes of two of the boys she loved. It did not help when she realized that she was breathing deeply and her chest was heaving up and down as she took each sharp breath.

 Something was stuck in the back of her throat and it almost pained her to swallow whatever it was, but the relief and pleasure it provided afterwards was just heavenly. She couldn't take it anymore. Her throat grew drier and she needed water. 

 Adelaide relaxed herself and sat up, her hand sliding the sunglasses onto her now dried hair while she changed position. At the first sign of her movement, all the boys turned away. Some of them leaned back as their heads glanced over their shoulders, trying to act casual, trying to act as though they weren't just staring their eyes off the girls.

 Stan and Bill had only been staring at Adelaide, Ben and Eddie stared at Beverly while Richie's eyes sometimes flickered from one girl to the other. Adelaide noticed the boys' attempt at avoiding capture and she giggled to herself, suddenly finding it amusing as all the boys' cheeks reddened. She had to be honest, she liked it a little, knowing that it could have been her body that compelled Stan and Bill to gawk over. 

"Scooch," Adelaide slurred to Richie so she could take a seat on one of the rocky steps between him and Stan, where her backpack was. 

 Eddie had walked over to sit on the step below them, right beside Stan's legs. Adelaide searched through her bag for the bottled water she had brought with her earlier. She twisted the cap off and swallowed continously without stopping for a while.

 Richie only looked at her with a disbelief expression at her ability to drink that much water at once. But she almost choked on her water when she noticed how close she was to Stan. He was practically pressed beside her. And his eyes that glanced over to her certainly didn't help with her redness.