eleven.

~~~Partners In Crime~~~

 Once Ben had gotten a little more energy in him, Bill offered to bring him home and Ben had shyly accepted. Adelaide, Ben and Bill waved goodbye to Richie, Eddie and Stan as they went separate ways to return to their respective homes. Ben had politely gave directions to his house to Bill and Adelaide followed closely beside Silver.

 During their journey, Bill and Adelaide had exchanged looks that Ben hadn't noticed, and as though it was telepathy, they came to an unspoken agreement when Adelaide's eyes drifted to Ben for a second and Bill had invited Ben to join them tomorrow at the quarry. 

 Ben turned red at once but agreed and thanked the two for seeing him home, as well as for their help with the aftermath of his unlucky interaction with Henry Bowers. Bill and Adelaide watched Ben enter the front door of his house, returning the small thankful wave Ben sent before he closed the door.

 Then, Bill and Adelaide cycled back to the path that would then lead to their houses. Once they turned the corner of the street, they halted to a stop and dismmounted themselves off their bikes and strided alongside it. 

"Okay, fess up, did you guys steal the stuff from the drugstore?" Adelaide broke the moment of silence.

 She wore a smirk that held a glint of mischief in it as she looked at Bill, awaiting his answer. Bill bit his lower lips, not saying anything when his eyes trailed to meet hers. He didn't have to say anything for Adelaide to already know the answer. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped, seconds before she began laughing. 

"Oh my God, you did! Holy shit!"

 Bill watched with joy as Adelaide's laughter increased and one of her hands had travelled down to her stomach, clutching it as her head was tilted back, and her eyes were struggling to open. Bill couldn't help but join in her laughter as well, and the two uncontrollably laughed as they walked ahead. 

"Well, now I kinda hate you for making me wait outside, listening to Richie," she settled her laughter but Bill's only grew louder. 

"I a-a-apologize," Bill spoke in between laughter. 

"How'd you do it?" 

"What?" Bill's once settled laughter broke out again as he looked at Adelaide with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Come on, I wanna know! For educational purposes," she giggled. "It's the least you could do for making me miss all the fun!" 

"It was Beverly's i-i-idea," he slowly went on. "She went to talk to M-M-M-Mr. Keene and di-di-distracted him. I don't know what sh-she said but then she p-p-pushed something a-and he went to p-p-pick it up. When he wasn't l-l-looking, we r-r-ran out." 

"Holy shit, you're a criminal," she jokingly teased and he burst out in a fit of laughter again. "Wait, so if you're a criminal and I'm associated with you, I'm basically an accomplice." 

"Y-Y-You are," he nodded, still laughing in sync with her. 

"Wow, being on the other side of law is so thrilling," she joked. 

 Bill had to stop his tracks to control his laughter and the shortness of his breath. One of his hands clutched down to his stomach and he leaned behind. When it didn't work because his laughter only amplified, he leaned forward, trying to catch his breath. 

"Jesus Christ, Bill, you're having worse trouble breathing than Eddie!" 

 Adelaide exclaimed in shock, slightly joining his laughter which did not help him. Bill raise his left palm and showed it to her in a 'wait' or 'stop' sign. Adelaide had a last giggle before biting her lips to muffle her amusement. After a minute or two, Bill finally managed to gasp sharply for air and he stood up straight, slightly shaking his head. 

"You are u-u-unbelievable, Del," he grinned. 

"Yeah, unbelievably awesome," she scoffed, and the two continued striding beside their bikes, nearing their homes. 

 "Yes, you are."