Chapter 2: The Overpriced Box

(Y/N)'s POV
When I finally reached the marketplace, it was quite crowded.
"Um..excuse me" I said as I tried to get through the crowd.

"Miss (Y/N)! How good to see you!"
Mr. Gwinch exclaimed. "Hello Mr. Gwinch!" I said in return. "What type of fabric would you like to buy today?" Mr. Gwinch asked.

"Hmm...please give me a yard of silk, velvet and leather" I said as I looked through the selection on display. "Oh! You never buy those for your work before! What's the special occasion?" Mr. Gwinch asked.

"Well...I'm actually taking part in the shoemaking contest held by the royals. Thus, I need the greatest quality of fabric to produce shoes that are a fit for the king's liking" I answered.

"Oh! I see! In that case, here are the fabrics at a discounted price for my favorite customer!" Mr. Gwinch said happily. "oh my! I can't possibly let you do that!" I said.

"Well, I can. 7 bronze coins are enough for the fabrics" he said and extended his hand. "Here you go...thank you so much" I said as I handed him the money.

"Good luck in the contest!" Mr. Gwinch said and I thanked him again before leaving with the 3 yards of fabrics.

I headed home quickly in order to set to work on my most important project of all. "Miss (Y/N)! There you are! Ive been waiting here for quite a time!" A customer said in am annoyed expression while tapping their foot impatiently.

"Oh! My apologies! Is there anything I can help you with?" I asked. "As compensation for making your customer wait, I want you to fix my shoes for free. I'll come here again tomorrow to pick up the shoes" she said. Then, she placed a box on the counter and left.

I sighed heavily as I closed the shop. I opened the box to reveal a pair of heels which are in bad condition. I decided to fix the woman's shoes first.

I mended the holes and gaps of the shoes. After an hour and a half, i finally finished the heel repairing. I placed the mended shoes back into the box and stored it in a safe place.

As I reached for the yards of fabrics I bought, my stomach growled in hunger. 'Oh right, I havent had any breakfast or lunch...' I thought.

I walked to my kitchen to find some food to make for dinner. I decided to just cook some noodles to eat for dinner.

While boiling the water, i cracked an egg into a small bowl. Then, I cut some veggies and added them to the boiling water. Next, i put in the noodles and egg. As the noodles are nearly dome, I added some seasoning for flavour.

I poured the cooked noodles into large bowl and began to savour it. 'Hot! Hot!' I thought as I quickly reached for the water. I drank some before eating my noodles again.

I walked back to my workplace and took out the fabrics i bought

I walked back to my workplace and took out the fabrics i bought. 'Hmm...what design shall I make?' I thought to myself.

Timeskip~
After I finished the shoes, I felt as if it was too plain. So, I added some red flowers to symbolize strength and luck.

I finally finished making the shoes. In the end, it was the most beautiful pair I have ever made. 'I hope its good enough...' I thought.

The base of the shoe is black in colour and made with silk and velvet. The tiny red flowers are made with leather coverlets.

I looked at the clock and nearly scared myself. 'Oh no! Its already 2am!!' I thought. I hurriedly placed the king's shoes into a box as I hurried to my room.

I took a quick shower before finally laying down and sleep. 'I should buy a nicer box....' I thought before falling asleep.

Next day~
I woke up when I heard the tree branch hit my window. 'Huh? What's going on?' I thought as I was still groggy.

'Oh yeah! The shoes!" I exclaimed before rushing down. I had placed it into a cardboard box. "Oh...what box shall I buy?" I asked myself.

I heard a knock on the door and I quickly opened it. "Ah! Youre here! Are my shoes fixed?" The same grouchy customer said.

"Oh right, yes! But the shop have yet to open" i said. "Oh! I don't care! As long as you're here, I want my shoes!" The woman said angrily.

"Alright, alright! Here you go!" I said as I retrieved the shoes from the safe place and handed it to her.

She opened it and closed it back. "Fine. I guess this is acceptable" she said and walked away with a huff.

'Such a rude and grouchy woman...' I thought. I took a morning shower and changed into a plain shirt and pants.

I walked to the marketplace again in search of a nice shoe box. I walked to a promising shop that sell shoeboxes. (Ik weird...but just go with it)

"How much is this box?" I asked as I pointed to a box. "Oh that costs five silver coins" the merchant said. "What?! Isn't that too pricey?!" I asked in shock.

"Well, thats because it is mad eof velvet in the inside" the merchant explained. "But, isn't it still too expensive?" I asked.

"If you can't afford it, don't bother buying it! You're in the way of my other customers!" The merchant said in a snobbish attitude.

I looked back and saw no other customers waiting in line. 'What customers?...' I thought as I sweatdropped mentally.

"Move along!" The merchant said as he waved his hand in a rude manner. "Fine! Fine! Here's five silver coins for the box!" I said and paid him. "Pleasure doing business with you" he said happily and gave me a box.

"Can't believe I went through all of that just to buy a box! A box!!!" I muttered to myself.

As I walked home, I stopped by a shop to buy some groceries to last me for two days before departing to Spine.

After that, I went home. I fried and omelette for my breakfast and ate it. Then, I put the king's shoes into the overpriced box.

I didn't had to open my shop today as it was Saturday. "Hmm...what to do now?" I mumbled out as I spin around on my chair.