Chapter 6: A New Rival

(I won't be putting food pictures as I don't wanna make you hungry...and also, I'm writing this without internet to avoid distraction)

(Y/N)'s POV
When we arrived at the ballroom, we sat on the seats our names were on. Some butlers took the lids off the dishes and placed them on a tray.

"You may enjoy the feast as the we judge" The guy in brown hair said again and left.

My eyes lit up upon seeing some many selection of food. Meanwhile, I saw a plump woman eating her food greedily. "Please slow down, Marina. You might choke if you keep gobbling up your food so quickly" a lady in white said.

"Oh please, when will we ever get the chance to eat these foods again?" The so-called Mariana continued to choke down the food.

"A proper lady should never eat like a ravenous glutton, don't you agree?" Wei Xiang whispered. "Yeah...maybe" I said. I began taking a small amount off (fav food) and put it on my plate.

I began savouring its taste slowly and i nearly jumped as the flavour slowly spread through my mouth. "It tastes so good!" I whisper-yelled to Wei Xiang.

"It is? Here...try this" he said and put some meat onto my plate. I thanked him and began eating the meat. (Sorry if you're vegan)

"Hey! This tastes pretty good too!" I said. "I'm preety sure food cokked by professionals at the castle all taste good" Wei Xiang commented.

"Yeah, you're right!" I said and gave him a smile. His cheeks turned a little red as he ignored my eye contact.

I sipped on my (fav drink) and it tastes as good. "Ah....today is going to be the best day of my life" I sighed out. "I don't think so....what if you lost..?" Wei Xiang asked.

"Oh...yeah. But, the food makes up for it, I guess. I could never afford such luxurious food with my current budget..." I said with a small frown.

"(Y/N), i hope you'll win" Wei Xiang cheered. I thanked him and we stared at each other for a while until the plump woman from just now spoke up.

"As if you'll ever win, if there's anybody that's going to win, its me. I used the highest quality of material and even sew the embroidery with  pure golden needle and thread. If I don't win, the king truly does not have a taste in fashion" Marina said proudly while the other contestants whispers to each other.

"Were you...eavesdropping on our conversation?" Wei Xiang asked. "Tch, so what?" She said and gulped down her drink.

"Such an arrogant woman..." I whispered to Wei Xiang quietly in case she decided to eavesdrop again. "I agree...." He whispered back.

Marina's POV
'When I win...im going to make that guy my assistant..' I thought while looking at the black haired and hazel coloured eyes boy. He was talking to the female who had (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes.

'The black haired boy was quite pleasant looking in the eyes...maybe I'll make him my fiance...but...ill have to get rid of her first...' i thought while smiling to myself and coming up with a plan.

Back to (Y/N)'s POV
After we finished eating, we were told to go back to the waiting room. When we walk in, we waited for a few minutes before the brown haired guy walked back in.

"We have finished judging the shoes. The ones who managed to reach the finalists lists shall stay. The ones who don't, you may follow these guards back to the main entrance as you have failed to create beautiful shoes" he said coldly.

My hands began sweating as I listen to the finalists announcement. "Its all right..." Wei Xiang took hold of my hand.

"Marina Dencia, Lucas Wing, Arnaldo Heffery, Wei Xiang, and (Y/N) (L/N) are the finalists. The rest of your may leave" he said and the contestants that lost looked at us enviously.

After all of them exited, the brown haired guy began speaking once again. "We'll need a little bit more time to judge final shoes. It won't take long at all as they are only 5 pairs left. So, please wait a little while as well continue to judge" the brown haired guy said and left the room.

"We made it into the finalists lists!" I cheered happily. "Yeah!" Wei Xiang said and hugged me. I blushed at the sudden contact and soon returned the hug.

"Hey guys! We meet again!" Arnaldo said as he walked towards us. "Congratulations!" I said to him. "Thank you...I wonder who'll win?" He asked.

"Like i said, it's going to be me!" Marina's voice entered our little group. "Hey! Congrats on making into the finalists round" a purple haired boy said.

Marina continued to boast about herself as Arnaldo talked about his life. Wei Xiang and I just listened. Suddenly, the door flew open and in came an angry looking brown haired boy.

"Be quiet! Do you know how much a nuisance you are making?! Luckily, we've finished judging" the brown haired guy said.

"This contest shall end with a twist. We managed to round up two winners. Marina Dencia and (Y/N) (L/N) have won. The others, please leave immediately" he said.

My eyes widened in shock as I cried tears of joy. But, as I saw Wei Xiang exiting the door and giving me a smile, my joyful tears changed into sad tears.

'Wei..Xiang...please dont leave me here alone...especially with a woman who seems to hate me...come back...please Wei Xiang....' I thought.