Chapter 17: The Coronation

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up the next morning only to find that Wei Xiang was nowhere to be seen. I look around to search for a sign of him, but nothing.

I noticed a piece of paper on the nightstand. I picked it up and began reading it.

Dear (Y/N),

Good morning, my tomato-chan. You'd probably notice that I'm gone by the time you wake up. Well, that's because I have to guard the coronation, so I can't spend time with you today.

I'm sorry, I promise I'll make it up to you by taking you treating you to dinner. How does that sound?

Ah! I have to go now, im gonna be late.

Sincerely,
Wei Xiang

P.S. You're sleeping face is adorable. ;)

The letter ended with him complimenting/teasing me. I could feel my heart beating harder.

'Wei Xiang's such a tease...' I thought. I decided to head back to my room to see what tasks I may have.

"Ah! (Y/N)! Could you please do me a favor?" Haru's voice echoed in the hallways. I turned behind and he was dressed differently today.

"What favor may I help you with, Sir Haru?" I asked and bowed down. "Well, could you please finish tailoring the king's outfit? Miss Rosette went missing a while ago before finishing the outfit" he said.

"She was then found dead with Miss Marina" he whispered and looked down solemly.

"By the way, you're covered in bruises, what happened to you?" He asked and looked at me.

"Well..." I trailer off, unsure whether to tell him the truth. I just shrugged it off and decided to tell him, in fear of being a suspect that may have murdered the two sisters even though I'm completely innocent.

"Well, Marina and Rosette chained me to the dungeon and tortured me there. Before I passed out, I saw an outline of another person. That person managed to save me from those two. I couldn't remember what else had happened" I said, leaving out the identity of the person that saved me.

"I see, the unnamed person must've killed the sisters..." He said and held his chin.

"Oh right! Could you please finish the outfit? Its nearly done and it just needs a few more embroidery sewn into it..." He said with worried eyes.

"But..I don't know how to embroider or sew clothes..i only know about shoemaking..." I replied.

"Please..the coronation is tonight...its an emergency...there are currently no tailors in the castle as Miss Rosette was the only one" he said with begging eyes.

"All right....where is the outfit?" I asked. "Come with me" he said and led me back to the same tailoring room. "Please..try your best...I'll pick up the outfit in a few hours" he said and closed the door, but not before whispering "good luck".

I looked at the outfit and began to set to work. I grabbed my sewing kit and began sewing on a piece of extra cloth.

After some practice, i finally got the hang of it and was confident enough to embroider some patterns in the new king's outfit.

I took out my best needle and began sewing a small golden flower. Soon, I sewed in a few red flowers. I added some stream of patterns to complete the look. At last, I added a few golden beads on the middle of the flowers to finish it off.

I looked at the time and realized I had used up 5 hours. 'Wow...im exhausted...' I thought. Suddenly, the door opened and in came Haru.

"Is the outfit done?" He asked. "Yes, its right here" I said and showed him the outfit. "Its..extravagant...you're a natural at this. I'm sure the new king would be very happy" he sias with a gentle smile.

"Ah! Thank you!" I said and bowed down. "no need to thank me, thank you ability and talent" he said and walked away with the outfit.

I decided to take a bath to refresh myself. I walked to my room and picked out a dark blue satin dress. I then opened the bathroon door and filles the bathtub with water.

'The coronation is probably happening now...its already 8:00 o'clock' i thought as I sat in the bathtub.

After I finished bathing, I put on my dress and walked around the castle aimlessly. Soon, I heard voices coming from the west wing of the castle.

Curiousity got the best of me and I walked towards the voices. Suddenly, a hand clamped around my mouth and pulled me back.

"What're you doing here?" Wei Xiang asked in a panicked voice. "Well, I heard some voices over there and well...I thought..I'd check I out" I replied.

"You're not supposed to be here...the coronation is happening right now...its not safe for you to be here..if other guards find you, they may throw you in the dungeons" he said seriously.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didnt know...I'll go now" I said. "Alright, I'll see you later, (Y/N)" he said and kissed my forehead.
I blushed and walked away quickly.

While walking away, I caught a glimpse of the coronation. A young man with blonde hair was sitting on the throne with a crown on his head. I quickly shook my head as I may have seen something im not supposed to.

However, i couldn't help but feel weird. 'Why does he look so familiar?' I asked myself.