Chapter 12: A Disaster

(Y/N)'s POV
On the day of the banquet, I woke up with an excited look on my face. "Yay! Today's the day!" I cheered. I quickly rushed to the bathroom. I did every single thing to get ready for the banquet.

After that, a maid came into my room holding my breakfast tray. "Good morning, Miss, you seem to be in a jolly mood today" she said with a smile. "Oh, yes I am! Thank you for bringing the food" I thanked her.

"You're welcome" she said and left. I quickly ate it and brushed my teeth. After that, I put on the outfit that the tailor made for me. "Fits like a glove" I mumbled to myself .

I proceeded to put on my necklace before hearing a knock from my door. "Good morning, (Y/N). You look nice" Haru compliemented.

"T-Thank you" I stuttered out shyly. "No problem. Anyways, are you ready yet? We must arrive before the royals" Haru said.

"Huh? Oh, yes! I'm ready to go!" I said and put on my shoes. "All right, follow me" he said and walked out the door. I followed him to a backdoor in the castle.

He opened it and it revealed a small garden. There were maids lined up. Some were wearing their uniforms while some were freely wearing whatever they want, like me.

I got into a small carriage. Two other girls sat next to me. "Ooh, that necklace of yours Is so beautiful...who gave it to you?" The blue haired girl asked.

"Well, it was sent to me anonymously, so im not really sure who it is" I replied softly. "Oh, too bad" she said and turned to look at the scenery passing.

When we arrived at the destination, I got out and breathe in the fresh air. "Ah!" I shouted softly when someone covered my eyes with their hands.

"Guess who?" the voice asked. "Wei Xiang, I know its you" I replied while smiling. "Haha, I'm glad you managed to recognize my voice" he said and removed his hands from my face.

I looked at him and blushed a little. He was wearing the guard uniform with the royal crest on it. The white part of the shirt was a little see-through.

"Wait...why is it wet there?" I asked. "Oh, i spilled some water on myself when the carriage came across a bump" he laughs cheekisly.

I could see the outline of his abs. "You could see my abs...right? Am I hot enough for you, tomato-chan?" He asked with a smirk.

"I-i" I blushed and looked away from him. "Aww, I made tomato-chan shy" he said and turned me around. His eyes widened a little as he asks "did you always have that necklace on...?".

"No, someone gave it to me yesterday" I said. "Who?" Wei Xiang asked. "I don't know, he only left his initial 'L' " I said. "Oh, I see. I hope you enjoy the banquet, I'll try to hang out with you if possible" he said.

"All right!" I said and gave him a hug before running away and laughing like a little kid. He stood there with a shocked expression but shook his head and walk off to somewhere else.

I sat on an empty seat where all the other maids were at. "Hello, is this seat available?" A boy around my age asled.

"Oh, of course it is" I said politely. "Ah, alright" he said and sat down. He had platinum blonde hair with sapphire eyes. "My name is Kai, whats yours?" He asked.

"Oh, my name's (Y/N)! Nice to meet you" I said. "Nice to meet you too, by the way, do you know who the prince is? " he asked. "Hmm..no. I have not the slightest idea on who he is" I replied.

"Oh, I see" he said and looked down. "There's so many beautiful women there" I said. "Yeah, they're all here to try to win the prince's heart. Rumor said that the prince have a really charming appearance" he said.