Chapter 11: The Mysterious Gift

(Y/N)'s POV
The next day, I woke up and did the my usual routine. "Ah...so refreshing" I mumbled out as I washed my face with cold water.

"Miss (Y/N)? Are you in here? May I come in?" A voice said outside my door. "Ah...hold on for a moment, please!" I shouted.

I quickly dried my face and rushed to the door. I opened it to reveal a brunette maid standing there. "Please come with me to the tailoring room. I need to make sure the measurements are correct" she said.

I followed her to a room full of clothes. I look around, amazed by the quality of the clothes. "Here, please choose from one of these outfits" she said and I saw a bunch of clothes in front of me.

I look at the clothes for a few minutes before deciding. "I think I'll choose the (f/c) one, please" I said to her. "Alright...please stand still while I measure your size" she said and took out a measuring tape.

She measured my waist and bust size. "Alright, the outfit you picked will be done in 6 hours. I will have another maid send the outfit to your room.

"Alright then. Thank you" I said and walked out of the room. "Hey (Y/N)! Good morning!" Wei Xiang asked as I bumped into him.

"Oh! Sorry for bumping into you. Good morning, Wei Xiang!" I said. "Nah, its fine. Anyways, were you invited to the banquet?" He asked.

"Oh, yes I am. What about you?" I asked. "Yes, I am. Though, I may not see you as I'm assigned to stand by the queen in case something happened" he said sadly.

"Oh, what about King Richter?" I asked. "Well, another group of guards will be guarding him" he answered. "Well, let's go have some breakfast! Ive already told the maids that they needn't to deliver you your breakfast today!" He said.

"Really? Well, where are gonna eat?" I asked. "Hmm, a cafe just opened up recently. Lets go there! My treat" he said.

"Oh, alright then!" I said happily. We walked to the new cafe. He tried to hold my hand a few times and i finally gave in.

Once we reached the cafe, it was quite crowded. "Whoa, who's that guy over there?" A woman whispered to her friend. "I don't know....but I wish my husband is as handsome as him" she said while looking at Wei Xiang's direction dreamily.

"Too bad he already has a girlfriend" another woman pops out. "Tch, what's so good about her? She looks poor and ugly" the first woman cotninued to whisper.

"Come on, (Y/N)! There are seats available now!" Wei Xiang said and dragged me away from my thoughts.

I sat on the chair opposite to Wei Xiang. The waiter brought us our menus. "Order anything you'd like, (Y/N)" Wei Xiang said.

After a while, the waiter came back to take our orders. "I'd like the (f/f) and (f/d) please" I said. "Hmm...ill have a salad and lemonade" Wei Xiang said.

"Is that all youre having? Are you having more food for lunch?" I asked. "Hmm, no. I have to maintain my fit body for you, tomato-chan" he said seductively.

"W-Wh-what?!" I blushed heavily. "Hehe" he chuckled and our food soon arrived. The food tasted really good. We then exited the cafe after Wei Xiang payed.

Somehow, i had this feeling that someone was watching us from afar.

As the afternoon sun becomes hotter, we bid each other goodbyes and i walked back to my room.

I saw the outfit I picked on my bed. I tried it on and it fits me perfectly. I saw a necklace on my nightstand and went over to it.

There was a note attached to the necklace. It says

'Dear (Y/N),

This necklace is a gift from me to you. I look forward to seeing you wear it at the banquet.....We'll soon meet, my love....

~L'

'L?' I thought in confusion. Wei Xiang's name doesnt have an L in them. "Who could it be?" I mumbled out silently.

I looked at the necklace. The pendart was a broken half of a heart. 'It must be a matching necklace...so all I have to do is find a person who's necklace matches with mine and it'll be L' i thought.

I put on the necklace and looked in the mirror. "It looks nice..." I said and decided to keep it on.

(Sorry if this chapter was so short...I'm getting really sleepy so i decided to just end it here...don't worrythey