Chapter 19: Beggining of a Game

(Y/N)'s POV
My body had no reaction. No matter how much my mind keeps telling my legs to run, they were stuck, as if an iceberg had freeze me in place.

A dead body of young maid laid there, with her chest stabbed. Blood flowed to the grass and stained them. More people began crowding around the dead body.

No one knew who had murder the poor woman. I couldn't take it anymore so I ran away, as far as I could from the gruesome scene.

I bumped onto Wei Xiang on the way. I looked down and started shaking. "(Y/N)! What happened? Why do you look so...sad?" He asked.

"I-...someone was...murdered.. in the garden..." I said slowly. "What? Who was murdered?" He asked and held a firm grip on my shoulders.

"It was a maid..with golden hair" I said. "Ill take you back to your room, it seems as if you need comfort right now" he said and brought me back to my room.

I sat on my bed, dazed. "(Y/N)..." Wei Xiang said as he caressed the side of my cheek. "Who..would've done..such a thing?" I asked no one.

"Did the murderer seem to have left a clue?" He asked. I shook my head. "No...at least, I dont think so" I said and placed my head on his chest.

His heartbeat was calming, but suddenly began to quicken in pace. Wei Xiang's face had a slight blush on them. I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"Everything...will be alright..." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Hey...why not we go to the forest? The nature will help calm your mind"  Wei Xiang suggested. I looked up at him and gave a small smile.

"You're cuter when you smile" he whispered softly. "T-Thanks?" I said. "Come on, or I'll have to carry you" he said with a wide smile.

"Alright, alright! Im coming!" I sais and held his hand. His hand was bigger than mine. "Small hands.." He said softly.

"Hey! I heard that!" I pouted. "Haha, yeah right" he said and we began making our way down the hallway.

While talking about some stuff, we accidentally hit someone who suddenly appeared out of the corner.

"Yeek! I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologized and looked up a little. The person seemed to be the masked..king.

'Ah! Oh no!' I mentally cried. He didn't said anything and just continued to stand there, motionlessly. "Do you have the permission to leave the castle?..even just for a moment?" He asked, as if knowing we were going to leave the castle area for a moment.

I couldn't see his expression so I just stood there quietly and trembled a little under his intimidating gaze behind the fox mask he always seem to wore.

"I'm one of the guard here, so I will take care of her and make sure she doesn't run away, Your Majesty" Wei Xiang said proffesionally.

"Very well" he said and began walking away. "oh..but if you don't return by the rise of the full moon tonight...a punishment shall wait you" the mysterious king said.

"Umm..Wei Xiang...l-let's just stay here" I said and tightened my grip on his hand. "Dont worry, we'll be back by sunset, I promise" Wei Xiang said.

"Alright, i trust you, my knight" I said. "Ah, then perhaps we shall go enjoy ourselves in the forest before it is too late, m'lady" he said with a poetic tone.

Meanwhile~

???'s POV
"So, you've managed to kill a worker that works for him?" I asked. "Yes" he answered. "Good...you know what to do tomorrow, right?" I asked. "Yes, eliminate another one" he replied.

"Great..here is your reward for now...you may find your payment increasing if you continue to do a good job" I said and tossed him a small pouch with a few coins.

"Thank you, Sir" he said and walked away. But before he could leave, I stopped him.

"Good luck in succesing tomorrow...do not let me down..or that'll be the end of your pitiful life...Xander" I said and he nodded.

"You may leave" I said and turned away. After the sound of his footsteps fade away, I looked out the window.

"Tonight will be the first night of the full moon, each day will pass with a death in your castle. By the time the moon becomes a new moon, everyone in your castle will be gone" I said.

I couldn't help but let it a smirk.
"So, watch out, Lancelot. The game had just begun" I stated.

Question: Ya'll remember who Xander is, right?