Chapter 5

Rayner POV

As I saw Hannah heading towards me with another boy around the age of 17 maybe 18 was beside her were talking, he was about 6'1 towering over me by a foot, he was lean, he had raven black hair and green eyes. Huh he looks a lot Percy Jackson I shook my head to clear these thoughts knowing that Percy would never leave his family just to come meet people who thinks he's a myth. I thought that he would be just another foot soldier...until I felt his aura. It was strong almost like a Primordial 'who is this guy?' Was the thought that kept running through my head until I met up with Hannah and the new kid I almost felt like crumbling down to the ground but I didn't I introduced myself and he introduced himself as PJ 'funny name' I thought. As we walked I started up a conversation with PJ "So PJ where you from in the universe?" I asked hoping to know more about my mysterious but very powerful friend "Earth" he said simply. I froze right in my tracks 'now I could ask him if Percy Jackson is real.' "Are you a demigod by any chance?" "Yes I am" I grew more and more excited "who is your godly parent" he gave me a sly smirk "that's for me to know and you to find out." I pouted causing him to laugh.

As I took him on the tour through the city he seemed really interested and that's saying something because most demigods that we read about are very very ADHD and can never quit moving but he seems to be doing quite good. "This is the training hall for the army and this training hall is for the successors." "Why are there two training halls?" He asked curiously "Because the successors get a little...out of hand...as some would put it so Chaos and the Primordials decided to give us our own training hall so we don't injure the others." I explained, he nodded his head showing he understood, I showed him all of the houses each of which belong to a Primordial which houses 5000 soldiers and the general aka the successor. We stopped at the last one the House of Chaos, as I explained to him that Chaos hasn't had a successor since the army was created he just nodded like he was in a dazed state then all of sudden he started walking towards the Chaos House "Hey PJ what are you doing?!" If he heard me he didn't make any notice of it before he got any closer I tackled him to the ground, when he looked at me the fog cleared from his eyes. "Uh Rayner why are you on me?" I turned red in embarrassment and quickly got him and helped him up. When he got up I punched him in the shoulder HARD "OWWW what was that for?" he asked while glaring at me "for nearly getting vaporized for trespassing into a Primordial House that would have killed you or worse." "Sorry I don't know what I was thinking I just started walking towards the House like it was calling to me." I got a eerie feeling 'that same thing happened to me when I became Phanes successor' "it's fine just don't do it again" As we continued our tour I started thinking 'is PJ going to be Chaos's successor? If so why doesn't he choose Percy? Percy would be the perfect general and monarch of the city...'

Linebreak

As we finished the tour we ended up in front of the dining hall "and this is the dining hall" just as I finished that I heard PJ's stomach growl. I looked at him in shock "was that your stomach?" he blushed in embarrassment " I may be a bit hungry so could we stop by the dining hall and grab a quick snack?" I was about to tell him that the tour ended right here but I decided to have some fun with him "we can't we still have to go around and introduce you to everyone" I said. He immediately looked crestfallen and I couldn't keep it in anymore I burst out in laughter "what, what are you laughing at?" he demanded "the tour ends right here I just wanted to poke fun at you." I said slightly chuckling "oh ok that-" he face immediately changed from confused to anger in a matter of seconds "you tricked me didn't you?" he said while glaring at me. "Yes I did" as soon as I finished that sentence I looked down at my watch to see its time for lunch anyway "hey today's your lucky day lets go eat shall we? Then I can introduce you to the other successors." Then he got a excited look on his face 'wonder why?' I thought 'usually when people meet the successors they look like they're about to piss their pants.' Then together me and PJ entered into the dining hall.