Chapter 8

Percy POV

Two years later

I clashed swords with my opponent both of us trying to overpower the other. I realized I don't need to be stronger than my opponent just quicker, I decided to let him think he's overpowering me and then execute my plan. I let go of my pressure a little bit and my opponent put more pressure into his sword and I executed my plan as I jumped back and he stumbled forward, when he went regained his balance he charged back at me with lighting speed and hit me with quick attacks that I deflected with ease, he may be fast but I'm faster. As his attacks slowed down I increased my speed and power causing my opponent to slowly back up after a few minutes I saw a opening in his right side every time he goes to block my dual swords. When I went slashed down he put his swords up to block them but I shadow traveled behind him as I put my dual swords to his neck and lower back. "Yield" I asked slightly tired "I yield" the voice said.

I smiled and pulled my dual swords from his back and neck and gave my opponent a handshake as a sign of respect "You're getting better with dual swords Lucilius just need to quit attacking first with heavy attacks and start with quick attacks first, tire out your opponent first then go all out on them." "Thank you milord. Hearing that from you makes me want to try even harder to beat you in dual wielding but you and I both know that if we were to fight with long ranged weapons I would wipe the floor with you." "Oh yes with a bow and arrow certainly but with a spear we might be at a draw on that one." "I agree let's head to your House and get something to drink then we can head to dinner." "Ok let's go."

It's been two years since I became Chaos successor and I must say I have been enjoying it, me and the successors have became a close bonded family and Vivian is actually starting to show some emotions around other people while the citizens all love me. They are glad that there is a king that isn't cruel to them and they love how I am willing to help watch the children whenever I'm on a lunch break or just walking around the city exploring plus they enjoy expressing their cultures to other people in the city vice versa so they can learn new things. I am also pretty close with the primordials, Nyx,Gaea,and Tartarus kept constantly apologizing to me saying 'they're sorry for trying to kill me and causing me pain' it took me a good 3 months to get them to agree that I'm fine with it and becoming their champions along with their successors is more than enough. Me and the successors have been on plenty of missions such as saving princesses (don't ask but Rayner and Lucilius would not stop flirting with the princesses and they would not stop flirting with me), stopping intergalactic wars, and recovering lost items and stolen artifacts that were said to have been lost long ago.

As we got to my house I opened the door and headed to my kitchen where no doubt May would be making me a little desert, May is also partial immortal so she is stuck with me but I am glad she is immortal because she is in a lot of ways like my mother and wise in a lot of ways that have saved me numerous times. As we entered the kitchen I saw May making me some blue cookies that the successors are obsessed with, every time I walk outside my House with some cookies the successors rob me of my snack, so I eat my cookies inside my House because they can't come in unless I grant them permission or a soldier of the Chaos House lets them in and Chaos doesn't have any soldiers except me. As we walked through my hallway Lucilius smelled the fresh aroma of freshly baked blue cookies and took off down the hallway hoping to beat me to the kitchen, I just rolled my eyes and summoned a portal to the kitchen and walked through it. My training with my powers have drastically increased apparently I have training with Chaos every Saturday with him to work on the powers I got from him, I still remember the first time I started training with him...

Flashback

Two Years Ago

As I lay down on my bed hoping for a peaceful day, just as I was getting ready to sleep Chaos appeared banging drums and making noise causing me to jump out of my bed and land face first on my floor. As I got up I gave him a nasty glare that would make Hades shiver, he just glared back, we stood there for a good 5 minutes just glaring at each other until we burst into laughter. When our laughter died down I immediately asked, "Chaos why did you come in making noise that probably everyone in the City heard?" "For training of course!" he exclaimed "Training?" I asked tiredly. "You didn't say anything about training in the dining hall?" "I didn't say it there because everybody would come and want to watch the Creator of the Universe and his successor train." Chaos explained "Oh, ok let me get ready it shouldn't be that bad right?"