Prologue: Youngest and Greatest

It was night time, a cloaked figure was running out of a large town. His job was to remove the threat of a rogue adventurer. It had taken almost 2 weeks, but the job was done. He rested next to a tree when he was far enough away from the city and removed his hood. His getup was a black cloak that covered a thin black shirt without sleeves. He had metal shoulder pads on them and a pair for the knees as well. He hand brown boots and black gloves without tips so his fingers poked out. His face revealed white hair which contrasted his clothes and red eyes. This boy was Bell Cranel, 14 years old and a legendary assassin. That's what people called him but he felt he was more of a bounty hunter as assassin have to kill people and he rarely did that on his jobs. His way of work was working with his targets to make them stop whatever they did that was harming people. While most wouldn't do this, Bell was able to convince them with some violence as he was no pushover despite his appearance. When the target was able to move on, Bell would leave and bring a piece of them to show the jobs was done to collect the reward.

Bell: This should be enough for them to last a few months. Hopefully Grandfather isn't too worried.

His home village wasn't too small. They liked to call it that as they didn't really have a name for it and thus couldn't quite call it a town. There was an orphanage there that Bell regularly visited. He and the kids were practically family. He used his reward to help the owner support them as she was having a hard time doing that by herself. She was Heather, a long time resident of the village and the caretaker of the orphanage. She was already quite old being in her mid sixties. Bell used to visit a lot when he was younger and saw the woman as his grandmother. When he was old enough, he took to training himself so he could take on jobs to make money for them. Which is what brings us here. Bell arrived back home and the village guard welcomed him.

Guard: Good to see you again, Bell!

He opened the gate for the boy and Bell returned the greeting.

Bell: Thanks again! It's good to be back!

He made his way to the orphanage where he saw Heatherband his Grandfather playing with the kids. They turned to him when they heard the doors open and the children rushed to their brother figure.

Children: Bell!

Bell: Haha, I'm back everyone.

Zeus: Good to see you back in one piece my boy!

Heather: Yes, welcome home.

Bell: I got a lot this time so everyone should be able to enjoy themselves for a while.

He handed her the money and she gave the boy a sad smile.

Heather: Kids, go on outside while I speak with him.

Children: OKAY!

They left and it was now just the three of them.

Heather: Bell, I'm already aware of your reputation as the Revenant. Im grateful for all you've done for us, but I don't want you to be hurting yourself for us. It's dangerous to go out and find those criminals

Zeus: She's right, the village is in much better shape now and many people have started to come here to find a place for themselves. It's  time you put your life as an assassin behind you and move on.

Bell thought to himself about the matter. It's true that he didn't entirely like hurting people, but that life helped open his eyes to the good and the bad of the world. In the end, if putting it away would help ease their worries, he'd don't in a heart beat.

Bell: Okay fine, I'll stop being The Revenant. What am I supposed to do now though? That's been my life for the last 7 years.

Zeus: How about going to Orario? You could make an honest living by becoming an adventurer. It's where I raised my familia for centuries so it could suit you well.

Heather: That's true, you could see new things, make new friends. The possibilities are endless.

He couldn't argue with that. Having a more peaceful life slaying monsters instead of people sounded better than his old job. He also was interested in making some friends.

Bell: Alright then, I'll go tomorrow.

Heather: I'll tell the kids.

She went on to tell the kids about what Bell was planning. They didn't want him to leave but she explained vaguely why she wanted him to go. The kids were young but some could understand that Bell was getting this money dirty. They didn't know why but they wanted their brother to be happy too. Bell promised to write to them often and send them souvenirs from the city which excited them. They ate dinner and Bell went to sleep with them. When morning arrived, they all woke up early to bid the boy farewell. He waved to them before taking his belongings with him on his week trip to Orario. On his way there, he thought about what he was doing before this. He remembered all the people he had helped and the people he had to end. He wasn't proud of killing people, but he would never let them walk among the living if their lives were dedicated to ruining the lives of others. He saw the meaning in killing those for the right reason. This mindset would not disappear when his days as an adventurer would begin. He could only hope that The Revenant would never have to show its face in Orario.

AN: And done. I always wanted to write about a colder Bell, but this is as close as I'm going to get for now. The next chapter will be about his first few weeks in Orario. Also, remember to put in your harem requests as I'll be deciding who to add based on what you guys want. This is mainly because there are a lot of good girls and I usually forget some of them and have to add them in later.

I've said what I wanted to I'll be seeing you in the next chapter.