Chapter 8: That Time of the Year

After a tough day of slaying monsters, Bell and the others were on their way back up when they heard other adventurers being really excited about something.

Adventurer A: Can you believe it's Monsterphilia again?!

Adventurer B: Not really. It's crazy how it's already been a year!

Emma and Primo had been adventuring for a while, but even they didn't know what they were talking about.

Emma: Maybe it's some kind of festival?

Bell: We can ask Eina about it.

They got to the main hall of the guild where they went to Eina to give their report of their dive.

Eina: Then it's more or less the same as usual. Good work as always.

The Three: Thank you!!

Primo: By the way, we wanted to ask you something.

Eina: What's that?

Bell: We heard some talk about an event happening, so we wanted to know more about it.

Eina: Oh, that would be Monsterphilia. It's an event hosted every year by the Ganesha Familia and it's quite popular. Thousands from all over watch them tame monsters they captured from the dungeon.

Bell: Captured from the dungeon? Isn't that dangerous?

Eina: Oh yes, but their security is tight. They don't just let anyone in to where the monsters are. And that about sums it up. The festival starts tomorrow by the way.

Emma: Cool, we should all go!!

Bell: Might as well, a day off won't hurt us.

Primo: Yeah!!

He turned to Eina.

Bell: Thanks for your help as always.

Eina: It's my pleasure.

They said goodbye before going to exchange their loot for the day. What they earned was more than enough to enjoy the festival tomorrow. Emma and Primo were giddy about telling Hestia and Artemis about it. They arrived home and went to tell them.

Hestia: Monsterphilia?

Emma: Yeah, we should all go out to enjoy it!

Artemis: I have no objections if you don't.

Bell: I didn't.

She looked to her friend who agreed with the boy.

Artemis: Looks like it's a plan.

They cheered as they got ready to leave. Might as well hype the next day by eating at the Hostess. It also gives Bell a chance to tell his friends about it. They arrived at the door of the pub where Syr was attending.

Syr: Bell!

Bell: Hey, got room for five?

The silver haired girl nodded as she sat them at their table. The others waitresses went to say hello as well while they worked. They eventually sat with them once their break started and they met the rest if his Familia.

Alise: So, are they part of your Familia?

Bell: Pretty much. She's my goddess, Artemis. The other is her friend, Hestia, along with her members, Emma and Primo.

Alise: Nice to meet you guys, I'm Alise and I've been friends with Bell since he got here. The same goes for everyone else.

Emma: It's nice to meet you, my name is Emma and she is Primo.