Chapter 5: Goddess

The following day, Bell was up on the wall waiting to see if Ais would show up. It was early in the morning and he had his doubts, but it wasn't long before the girl showed. She came equipped in her armor and her sword at her side.

Ais: I'm here, so can we start training?

Bell: Yes, but you won't be needing a weapon.

Ais tilted her head in confusion. How does that make sense? Not using a weapon in the dungeon is suicide.

Bell: I understand the wisdom in using a weapon to enhance yourself, but overly relying on it is what causes the downfall of many. Take a stance and you'll see what I mean.

She did just that, she closed her hands and brought them close to her chest. Bell just shook his head at her.

Bell: This is what I mean, you don't know what you're doing. That stance is too narrow and won't be very useful when fighting other adventurers.

Ais: Huh?

Bell quickly maneuvered to her side, shocking her, and she was quick to block his attack, but it never came.

Bell: If you aren't being attack by something in front of you, it's easy for someone to get through your guard. Also, you aren't well acquainted with hand to hand, are you?

Ais: No, I've been using a sword my whole life.

Bell: It's good to k ow you respect your chosen path, but it won't hurt to widen your masteries. If there are any people in your familia who are well versed in hand to hand combat, you should ask them for lessons. After all, most people who die are those who lost their weapon and panicked. A fight isn't over just because your hand is empty, remember that.

Ais: Yes.

Bell: Then, let's continue.

He spent the rest of the morning helping her with her form and giving basic martial art training. After two hours, they bid farewell to each other and Bell went on with his day. The sun was well up in the sky and many people were walking on the streets. He checked in with Mia then went to look for a familia to join. After several more rejections, he stumbled across an old church where he saw a familiar face walk out the doors.

Artemis: *Sigh* Time to go look for members again. Huh?

Bell: Hm?

The two locked eyes and recognized each other.

Artemis: It's you!

Bell: Ah, I remember you. You're that woman from yesterday. I'm sorry again for bumping into you.

He scratched his cheek as she reassured him.

Artemis: No no, it's alright. So, what are you doing here?

Bell: You see, I'm looking for a familia to join, but all the gods I've seen weren't worth it since my looks were all they needed to judge me on. If I wasn't some big, strong looking adventurer then I wasn't worthy of joining.

A tick mark grew on the blue haired woman's head.

Artemis: That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

She just a bout shouted that before apologizing for her outburst.

Bell: Hehe, I agree. Well, I'm glad you're okay, so I'll be going now.

Artemis was about to say goodbye before she remembered what she was doing.

Artemis: Wait!

Bell: Hm?

Artemis: You said you're looking fro a god to join right?

Bell: That's right, do you know someone?