Chapter 7: Contact

Five days passed and Bell was more comfortable with his new setting. Thankfully, he was able to help Emma with her sense of direction with the help of Primo. Their teamwork had grown immensely in their short time together, but the three of them were more than capable of tearing through the first 7 floors of the dungeon. Eina was hesitant at first, but was able to clear them due to the three being a party together. Plus, they lived under the same roof, so there wasn't much for her to worry about. As for now, Bell was in the dungeon with the other two. Ais had left with her Familia to go on a quest leaving Bell with more time on his hands which is why he's down with the others.

Emma: HAAAAH!!!

*Slash*

She slew another monster as Bell gathered the stone. They were on floor 7 doing their usual routine. They'd clear the floors, pick up the stones and wait for the next batch of monsters. Primo was still inexperienced with fighting, but Bell was able to allow her to cast her spell more often while he and Emma handled the front lines. The elf child was still upset about it.

Primo: If only I could concurrent chant, I'd be able to help more.

Bell: It's true that would help you defend yourself better, but that isn't something we should expect of you right now. I mean, most level 1s don't even have magic so why would they be trying?

Emma: He has a point. There's no need to beat yourself up for it.

Bell: How about this? I've got some connections to the Loki Familia. Maybe I can help you get in touch with one of their mages to help.

Primo: Really?!

Emma: You can do that?

Bell: They owe me a few favors, but it's more being friendly with each other. I'm sure they won't mind if I ask.

Primo: That would be great, I'll be able to see Lady Riveria up close!!

Bell: Haha. You do hold her in high regard.

Primo: Yeah, because she's that amazing!

Emma: So, shall we continue?

The other two nodded and they went back to work. The war shadows and frog shooters were more manageable with Bell. A few hours passed before they decided to call it a day. They exchanged their stones and started to head back. Their thoughts were interrupted when they heard a child shouting.

???: Leave her alone!!

The three of them stopped when they heard the voice. They nodded at each other before running to where it was coming from. They came to an alley where they saw some people ganging up on a woman and three kids. There were three of them, two of which were cornering the woman while the kids were farther away. Bell had heard the description countless times in the Hostess and he knew that the woman they cornered was none other than the Goddess Astraea.

 Bell had heard the description countless times in the Hostess and he knew that the woman they cornered was none other than the Goddess Astraea