Chapter 9: A Mishap or Two

Bell had been going down solo for the last several days now. His abilities hadn't increased all that much, so he had to increase his training some how. His vitality in particular was beginning to lag behind and Ais had been busy, so he couldn't train with her to help increase that when she beat him up. That left another option: go to the dungeon. He had enough money, especially from his compensation thanks to Eina putting in a good word for him, to buy a good weapon. Another sword like his old one, but overall better in quality. He was on floor 11 right now and was currently making the monsters there eat his ass, and not in the fun way.

*Poof*

Bell: And that's more of them down.

His strength and agility were by far his highest stats, so combined with his new sword, most monsters there were dealt with easily. After collecting the stones, he decided to head back up for the day.

Bell: (Maybe I should ask to move on to floor 12?)

He wondered if that was good for him. His time magic were his only spells, and thus his only was to increase his magic stat. His stats right now combined with his gear and combat skill were already more than enough to handle the floors he was on.

Bell: I wish I could bring the others down with me, but I'm probably pushing it there. Hmm...

He looked down at his breast plate that he found as a spare from the extras the others had tried out. After several days of nonstop diving, the metal was in a sorry state even when he was taking care of it.

Bell: (Guess that's the best it could do. I still need a full set of armor.)

He decided to make his way up. After climbing the stairs, he went to the guild to give his report to Eina. The half elf was surprised to see him out so early. He always went at the crack of dawn, but it was barely past noon and he was already out.

Eina: Bell?

Bell: Hey, Eina.

Eina: It's good to see you doing well, but why are you here so early? I thought you were always down there until much later?

Bell: I go down for training at this point, but I still haven't found a good replacement for my armor.

They looked at his busted chest plate.

Eina: There are plenty of armor shops in the city.

Bell: For some reason, I haven't found a set that works for me. I could try to find a contracted blacksmith, but it would be hard to find someone I can trust, plus it would be expensive.

Eina: I guess so. How far have you gone this time?

Bell: Floor 11.

The half-elf sweatdropped at how he was casually on that floor as a level 1 and alone.

Eina: R-Right. Well, you can go cash your stones.

Bell: Ok, thanks again, Eina.

She waved goodbye as he went to the exchange desk.

Bell: (27,950 valis.)

He held his earnings as he walked back. Bell arrived at the church once more.

Bell: I'm back!!

He entered and found a note.

"Hi Bell, Ganesha is holding a banquet in a few days to apologize for the incident with Monsterphilia. Hestia and I will be out to go shopping. Emma and Primo already know, so I'm leaving this for you if you arrive before us.

-Artemis"

Bell: Well, that's nice of him. Now what?

He thought to himself on what to do. Emma and Primo said they wanted to look at some new weapons or a stone for the elf's staff. With no particular destination in mind, Bell just walked around the city.