Chapter 11: A Strange Request

The following morning, Bell told his team he would be taking a break for a little bit. There was business he needed to take care of, so he'd be out for a few days. They let him do his thing and Artemis wished him good luck. After some walking, he found the remote pub he was requested to be at.

Bell: I'm here.

Hermes: Ah, perfect. We can begin our debriefing.

Hermes was in the room with several of his Familia. Bell recognized many of the faces there as those being the ones who were a part of the party that helped them.

Hermes: First off, we have a special guest here to aid us in our quest. Go on, Bell.

Bell: Hi, my name is Bell Cranel. It looks like I'll be working with you all.

After some introductions, Hermes went right into the plan.

Hermes: You see, our client wants this package delivered safely to them, but it needs to be done discreetly. This is going outside the city, but we still need to handle this carefully. Our Familia can handle the delivery, but Bell, I'd like to ask you to be another of our body guards.

Bell: *Nodding* Sounds simple enough.

Lulune: H-Hold on, are we sure we should be asking him to this? What level even is he?

Bell: Level 1.

The chienthrope deadpanned at that.

Lulune: There's no way we can do that!!

Hermes: I understand your concern, but you have to trust me when I saw Bell can handle himself.

Asfi: I can also credit his skill. Bell Cranel will be fine with us.

They trusted their captain, and their god to an extent, but the idea of forcing a level 1 on a dangerous mission like this left a bad taste in their mouths.

Hermes: If there aren't any questions, we will be mobilizing in a few days from now. I'll let you know ahead of time, Bell.

Bell: Understood.

Hermes: Then this meeting is done. Thanks for your time, Bell.

Bell: I'll see you then.

He said goodbye to everyone and moved on to his second order of business. After buying something at a shop and walking through the streets of the city, he finally came across a familiar church he had been to recently. He knocked on the door and saw a tiny child open it.

Child: Hello?

Bell: Hello, is Goddess Astraea or Miss Maria around?

Child: I can get one of them.

Bell: Please do.

The child left and Astraea was the one who came back to the door. The goddess was surprised to see the boy come back.

Astraea: Bell?

Bell: Hi!

Astraea: My, I wasn't expecting this. Please, come in, the others will be thrilled to see you.

He came inside and the goddess called for the three from last time.

Astraea: Rye, Roux, Fina, Bell is here!!!

Not 2 seconds later, a door slammed open and the three kids ran to the living room to greet him.

Rye: You came back!!

Bell: Like I said I would. *Smiling*

Roux: Hi, Bell.

Fina: You're here!!!